Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
I went back to the scout camp and worked the end of one site and a section between sites. I’m amazed that I am still finding so much at the camp. Not as much in the sites, but the extended areas outside the sites still contain a nice variety. In 6 hours with the CZ21 I found 90 coins with a face value of $9.40, 82 camp tent pegs, a file, an axe sheath with a broken strap, a multi tool, 3 rope tensioners, a watch, a 1939 wheatie, a tiny hem weight, a shotgun slug, a hat pin back, a wink nut from from a mess kit, an acorn nut, fishing tackle, sinkers and melted aluminum from the camp fires.

IMG_6285.jpeg

DSCN2558.jpeg

The multi tool was beside a log just under the leaves and it was probably lost last summer or fall. It is in perfect shape and I found it for sale on line for between $73 and $105. A nice find for sure.

The watch is a self winding one and it started to run as soon as I picked it up and turned it over. It just needs 2 pins and band.

DSCN2561.jpeg

DAY 2
I couldn’t think of a better place to go so I went back to the scout camp and spent 7 hours cleaning up under some floorboards in a staff area and working one of the activity areas. I found 33 camp tent pegs, 181 coins with a value of $13.68 (93 pennies), a submarine pencil sharpener, a LGV token (LOUIS GEORGES VENDING, Pittsburg PA), a chain, 2 knife blades from a broken knife, a scout whistle, a first aide belt loop, a fishing lure, sinkers, 2 pulleys, a fires 22 slug, a broken Eagle Scout neckerchief slide, a key, the brass end of a scout belt, part of a belt knife holder, 3 rope tensioners, a Disney hat pin, a carabiner, a few tabs and a little melted aluminum from the camp fires.

IMG_6289.jpeg

DSCN2562.jpeg

A lot of variety in the finds, but nothing great. Only a few tent pegs, but with a little luck next time I should meet a milestone number of pegs. We’ll see how it goes next week.

DAY 3
I went to the bullet school for my weekly trip. I finished up a grid and did a little wandering around with limited success. In 5 hours I found 52 coins with a face value of $1.71, a wrist watch calendar from 1976, a blazer button, a cheapie heart pendant, a game tab, a broken one piece buckle, tabs and the usual assortment of junk.

DSCN2564.jpeg

DSCN2565.jpeg

Nothing noteworthy again. There is a large yard adjacent to the school I have been thinking might be a good place to detect. The owner was out in the yard as I was getting close to the end of the hun so I asked her if I could detect the yard. She said she would consider it so I gave her my card and she is supposed to call me. I hope she does, but she may not. It wouldn’t be the first time someone says they will get back to me and never does. I did get clarification on the boundary between her yard and the school and it turns out there is a decent section I have not covered because I thought it was part of her yard. Maybe I will get lucky there.

DAY 4
I went to an area near the local pool beside a baseball field. I have done well coin wise in the past and was hoping for another good day. I have also found an 1804 half cent and a few merc dimes in that area so anything could happen.

For the most part the area was quiet, but I did find a couple of hot spots off the beaten path that must have seen some action in the past. I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 109 coins with a face value of $7.28, an aluminum dog license, a NO CASH VALUE token, a 1958 wheatie, a modern button, a lead nut, a broken key, fence wire, tabs, can slaw and foil.

DSCN2567.jpeg

The dog license is aluminum and has had a battle with the acid soil and lost. You can make out ALLEAGNY COU…..MD. 1932 DOG LIS. So it is and Allegany County Maryland Dog License from 1932. Too bad it is in such rough shape. The lead nut looks like it was probably an end cap for something. Not sure what, I’ve never seen one like it before.

DSCN2568.jpeg

So lots of clad for my first week of the new year. No silver or gold and nothing really old, but good exercise, gas money and enough to keep things interesting. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

Upvote 10
DAY 1
I went back to the scout camp and worked the end of one site and a section between sites. I’m amazed that I am still finding so much at the camp. Not as much in the sites, but the extended areas outside the sites still contain a nice variety. In 6 hours with the CZ21 I found 90 coins with a face value of $9.40, 82 camp tent pegs, a file, an axe sheath with a broken strap, a multi tool, 3 rope tensioners, a watch, a 1939 wheatie, a tiny hem weight, a shotgun slug, a hat pin back, a wink nut from from a mess kit, an acorn nut, fishing tackle, sinkers and melted aluminum from the camp fires.

View attachment 2083412

View attachment 2083413

The multi tool was beside a log just under the leaves and it was probably lost last summer or fall. It is in perfect shape and I found it for sale on line for between $73 and $105. A nice find for sure.

The watch is a self winding one and it started to run as soon as I picked it up and turned it over. It just needs 2 pins and band.

View attachment 2083414

DAY 2
I couldn’t think of a better place to go so I went back to the scout camp and spent 7 hours cleaning up under some floorboards in a staff area and working one of the activity areas. I found 33 camp tent pegs, 181 coins with a value of $13.68 (93 pennies), a submarine pencil sharpener, a LGV token (LOUIS GEORGES VENDING, Pittsburg PA), a chain, 2 knife blades from a broken knife, a scout whistle, a first aide belt loop, a fishing lure, sinkers, 2 pulleys, a fires 22 slug, a broken Eagle Scout neckerchief slide, a key, the brass end of a scout belt, part of a belt knife holder, 3 rope tensioners, a Disney hat pin, a carabiner, a few tabs and a little melted aluminum from the camp fires.

View attachment 2083415

View attachment 2083416

A lot of variety in the finds, but nothing great. Only a few tent pegs, but with a little luck next time I should meet a milestone number of pegs. We’ll see how it goes next week.

DAY 3
I went to the bullet school for my weekly trip. I finished up a grid and did a little wandering around with limited success. In 5 hours I found 52 coins with a face value of $1.71, a wrist watch calendar from 1976, a blazer button, a cheapie heart pendant, a game tab, a broken one piece buckle, tabs and the usual assortment of junk.

View attachment 2083417

View attachment 2083418

Nothing noteworthy again. There is a large yard adjacent to the school I have been thinking might be a good place to detect. The owner was out in the yard as I was getting close to the end of the hun so I asked her if I could detect the yard. She said she would consider it so I gave her my card and she is supposed to call me. I hope she does, but she may not. It wouldn’t be the first time someone says they will get back to me and never does. I did get clarification on the boundary between her yard and the school and it turns out there is a decent section I have not covered because I thought it was part of her yard. Maybe I will get lucky there.

DAY 4
I went to an area near the local pool beside a baseball field. I have done well coin wise in the past and was hoping for another good day. I have also found an 1804 half cent and a few merc dimes in that area so anything could happen.

For the most part the area was quiet, but I did find a couple of hot spots off the beaten path that must have seen some action in the past. I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 109 coins with a face value of $7.28, an aluminum dog license, a NO CASH VALUE token, a 1958 wheatie, a modern button, a lead nut, a broken key, fence wire, tabs, can slaw and foil.

View attachment 2083419

The dog license is aluminum and has had a battle with the acid soil and lost. You can make out ALLEAGNY COU…..MD. 1932 DOG LIS. So it is and Allegany County Maryland Dog License from 1932. Too bad it is in such rough shape. The lead nut looks like it was probably an end cap for something. Not sure what, I’ve never seen one like it before.

View attachment 2083420

So lots of clad for my first week of the new year. No silver or gold and nothing really old, but good exercise, gas money and enough to keep things interesting. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.
Congratulations and thanks for sharing, very interesting finds!

Congrats! That multi tool isn’t very old, but Gerber did a great job on them. One-hand flick open, great tools, etc. thanks for sharing

Good digs, congrats!
That's a really nice watch and the multi-tool is one of the best ever made, imo. I have 10-12 different multi-tools I used on my job and that one was my fav. As blackfoot said, it slips out of the sheath and opens with one hand.

DAY 1

View attachment 2083412

View attachment 2083413

View attachment 2083414

DAY 2

View attachment 2083415

View attachment 2083416

DAY 3

View attachment 2083417

View attachment 2083418

DAY 4

View attachment 2083419

View attachment 2083420

Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back