hunting deer

Jul 21, 2010
Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I went to a place I've hunted for some time with my AT Max which I finally got at the end of November, last year. It looks like an old cellar hole. I pulled a couple keepers. I thought the one item was a watch fob at first. Now I'm not so sure. I've never found any Masonic items so I was pretty stoked. The other item appears to be brass and pretty sweet looking. Input welcome, 100_19551_zpsl0ar7rim.JPG100_19531_zpstrdol6j4.JPG100_19541_zpsvelnueii (1).JPG100_19561_zpsd0vr9k66.JPG100_19571_zps1q4zm9ua.JPG100_19581_zpstikeaugk.JPG100_19601_zpsvkgoguvx.JPG100_19611_zpsctpnrhsz.JPGEnjoy the pics!

Upvote 13
Those are some excellent keepers!!

Awesome recovery

That’s a pretty high up level 33 is the highest.

Here is some info on your piece and where it originated

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/scottish-rite-temple

9D6D8A0A-0D71-44DE-A925-A5E3897818DB.jpeg

Scottish Rite Temple
One of the largest Masonic temples in the world, created at the height of the oil boom in ostentatious style.

Its history goes back to 1889, when the cornerstone for the first Masonic structure in Guthrie was placed. After achieving statehood in 1907, Oklahoma first had its capital in Guthrie before it was relocated to Oklahoma City, and the original legislative hall was later acquired by the Masons for their new temple. Although the original Convention Hall is now connected to the 1923 complex, it is still preserved in much the same condition as when it was finished in 1908.

Thanks, I was trying to pin down a date as well. I was thinking 1920ish maybe? I don't know.

View attachment 1544777

Scottish Rite Temple
One of the largest Masonic temples in the world, created at the height of the oil boom in ostentatious style.

Its history goes back to 1889, when the cornerstone for the first Masonic structure in Guthrie was placed. After achieving statehood in 1907, Oklahoma first had its capital in Guthrie before it was relocated to Oklahoma City, and the original legislative hall was later acquired by the Masons for their new temple. Although the original Convention Hall is now connected to the 1923 complex, it is still preserved in much the same condition as when it was finished in 1908.

cool. I've been by there. Guthrie is a cool place to see

Nice finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

I had a theory that this was maybe a fob and was broken on top where the strap attached. So the owner cut and shaped the top and added a hole so it could still be used. As in the pic? Maybe maybe not.100_19591_zps6ezhqqjy.JPG

At any rate I live in west central Indiana which is where I found it.

Not sure that it was drilled. I think where the ridges meet the whole it is tapered by design. The wear around the hole I belive was caused by the friction from a loop that was attached to it.

E41E4B21-70B1-4FC9-BEB6-A90FD3CBFB3E.jpeg

I don’t believe that it is a watch fob. Because it states on the back
CONSISTORY
Here is a similar one on eBay. It looks to me that a small chain was attached to a name plate above it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PHILADELPH...-CONSISTORY-/312054818110?hash=item48a7eaa53e

01F72636-78CB-44AE-AAF9-14F8E1AF412A.jpeg

1A8A969D-1B97-4F83-9361-B7FAC08D7D4F.jpeg

Here is the meaning of

CONSISTORY The Scottish Rite Consistory. The meetings of members of the Thirty-second Degree, or Sublime Princes of the Royal Secret in the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, are called Consistories

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It may stay a mystery, but for the sake of discussion the top seems altered in some way to me. The top seems uneven as well as one of the side "cuts." Also seems to be a possible small square nail imprint to the right of the hole on the front. Also the hole seen from the back seems more flat as if the hole was pushed through from the front. Also why break the octagon design with cuts in the first place. :dontknow: 100_19651_zpskgvjzxfq.JPG100_19671_zpszehk8xqt.JPG100_19661_zpshvifewgp.JPG100_19681_zpsmvt8tgxw.JPG

I know it couldn't be seen in the first pic. LOL

I agree it was probably not a fob from the gitgo. I was just pointing out that the top seems altered to me from it's original shape for whatever reason. Who knows!!

Awesome recovery

That’s a pretty high up level 33 is the highest.

Here is some info on your piece and where it originated

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/scottish-rite-temple

View attachment 1544777

Scottish Rite Temple

I read this link and it said the limestone for the temple came from Indiana. Maybe this guy had something to do with setting up the shipments of limestone to Oklahoma. Just sayin!

Very neat finds..interesting history too

This double-headed eagle symbol is for the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry.
The number 32 inside the triangle represents the 32nd degree of the Scottish Rite
. The Latin motto,
Spes mea in Deo est,” means “My hope is in God.”
Don......

This double-headed eagle symbol is for the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry.
The number 32 inside the triangle represents the 32nd degree of the Scottish Rite
. The Latin motto,
Spes mea in Deo est,” means “My hope is in God.”
Don......
Mine too! Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back