Scored early IHP 1st year

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with all the coils, MI-6 pinpointer, Ace350 and Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did a hunt with a couple guys at a couple spots today. The only coin I dug all day was caked up. I scraped enough off with my nail to see it was in Indian. I packed it in dirt and when I got home used the andres brushes on it. I did notice it was fatter than most pennies. The date is pretty roasted but can be seen at the right angle. My earliest Indian before today was a 88, I think. The ground may have been a yard. There is a 10โ€™ round hole about 3โ€™ deep and lined with rocks. Not neatly, like they were throw in. Could this be a cellar or outhouse? It was maybe 40-50 yards from a chimney. Thanks for looking. 9145D7C9-3C35-46BF-A63B-5BD8D956A780.jpegA8533530-4075-464B-9EFB-8878A08443FB.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 13
image.jpg

Itโ€™s was pretty toasted. The date is reaaallly hard to make out. Itโ€™s thicker than a later Indian and I canโ€™t see the shield on the back.

Maybe its an 1864 "Fatty" Indian. They were made thicker than later years. Nice find.

love those IHP's. Wonder what you stumbled upon with all those rocks being there. GL finding some more goodies in there.:thumbsup:

Thanks! Yes it was dug. Found it tucked in against a old sidewalk in my area.

FANTASTIC. If I start buying coins to collect that's what I want to concentrate on.
Commemorative 1/2's.

Thanks! Yes it was dug. Found it tucked in against a old sidewalk in my area.

Didn't we meet, or try to meet once my friend? I've met a few here - good people = TH, Relevantchair (Dean), Pat Cats, but there were others but I'm losing my brain at this point. Not only am I getting more ugly, but I'm also heading for the times I'll be drooling on my shirt :)

Didn't we meet, or try to meet once my friend? I've met a few here - good people = TH, Relevantchair (Dean), Pat Cats, but there were others but I'm losing my brain at this point. Not only am I getting more ugly, but I'm also heading for the times I'll be drooling on my shirt :)

yes, maybe 2-3 years ago the wife and I were in the Ft. Chiswell RV park with our RV. Called you but we didn't get a chance to dig that trip, actually was too hot and crispy to do much digging anyways.
U bought a xcal2 from me too, off tnet.

Stay well my friend.

Sweet IH cent! :occasion14:

I didnt know that either. finding an IH makes for a good day in my book wonder if you pull some of those rocks out if theres more coins in that spot. Congrats on the nice coin.

Nice. I love those fat indian head cents. Dug a nice 1860 a couple of days ago myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back