School house finds

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• finds 001.jpg
    finds 001.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 540
  • finds 002.jpg
    finds 002.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 534
Upvote 0
Nice diggins. Like the Silver. Try searching the perimeter of the school and around/under bushes and shrubs. Also search in the woods around the school as that's where kids would go to skip a class or go to smoke with their friends.? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Matt

Boy that is good stuff. The silver is great and must be more. Hope it keeps on givin and glad you got out LW. HH

WTG, lonewolf. After 3+ mo., silver is nice to find the 1st time out of the cabin! Get back out there and leave no pulltab unturned. LOL

Great finds!! By the looks of it ,the 3 months gave you a bad case of silver fever. Glad you found the antedote. WTG!! HH

Thanks guys,

I was surprised to find the 2 silver quarters in one place in one day (that doesn't happen too often). The school (which now has a library on the property) was called "Union School" and was the high school for this area in the mid/later 1800s until the 1960s. There is a named road cutting thru the property now, and to the south is a large hill that was once part of the original property. Seems that no one has detected this part of the property! Will post any and all finds I make as I continue to hunt it.

HH

Lonewolfe

WTG Lonewolfe.Its almost like starting over again after a long winter.
I live in Wi.so i know the feeling .The ground was barely thawed when
i got out my first time Easter sunday.Great finds.Looks like you've got
yourself off to a great start. :)

Way to go Lone! Nice Silver!

I haven't found a single silver quarter yet! However, I have found about 30 or so 1965 quarters! >:(
SO close and yet so far :-\

Good luck on that other area you talked about!

By the way, is that string in the pic near the top?

Rod

Yeah, that's a string with a metal button-back attached to it Rod,

looks kinda old, have no idea what it is/was!

Waiting for the ice to completely melt around here so I can get in the lakes - there's a small lake like 4 or 5 blocks from me that I'm waiting to get in, it has recorded history back to the mid 1800s. Will post any and all finds made in it!

HH

Lonewolfe

In that top pic, is that a piece of petrified Honeycomb cereal? ;)

Hey, not bad for an "ametuer" LOL just jokin! Cool finds. There maybe hills go to bushes under far left grass dig treasure, that way skies blue or somthing gone over. Ya something like that! Thats some revenge for all the posts you wrote like that and made me think I was losing my mind! LOL Take er easy, and drink one for me!

Great finds..... the silver makes it all worthwhile!!! I dug one of those dateless SLQ's last year, but it still one of my favorite digs of all time!

Congrats again lonewolfe!

Which Metal Detector are You Hunting with This Year ? Your Garrett or your Minelab ,heard you have a few to choose from ? Just Curious......Which is Your choice for coinshooting at Schools ?
If I had one of each of the top brands,I don't think I would ever get out of the house...I procrastinate too much,,I say I can't make up my mind,,,I say it would be too hard to choose,,I say.........WELL...........You get the picture..........

Thought silver I find, no drugs at time, looking might be maybe find me not you happy you for finding- sorry for me. Want silver i do, look beer mmmmmmmmmmmm! HH!!

Attachments

• silverbars.jpg
    silverbars.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 184

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back