Saying hello from east texas

Coinsniffer

May 10, 2014
Texas!!
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the lindale area. 26years old. Had a junker metal detector when I was a kid. The hobby didn't last long as did my attention span lol.
My dads always enjoyed it. I try to get into all the hobbies I can with him. Coin collecting etc. We've always enjoyed the hunt for stuff so talked him into getting a md and I myself recently purchased an at pro. Old man is happy with his harbor frieght special which he seems to do pretty dang good with. Lol

Trying to find some places for us to hunt around lindale tyler Longview gilmer areas.

imagesJ1R2ZVLA.jpg

Welcome to TNET fellow Texas TH'er. It's not hard to find good spots to hunt if you are passionate about it, as it appears you are. Good luck!

Yeah just gotta try and run across a few older places that we can search. Me being 26. I'm not to familiar with any old homesteads lol. One behind my house. More like an old shack and an old whiskey steel. Tonssssssss of iron in there. Found one 1919 wheatie so far. Hoping to pull some silver soon. Hard digging in the roots. And picking threw all the small nails that ring high on my at pro. Still learning it

Welcome! Be sure and run pro mode on that AT Pro, it will help keep those nails down to an iron grunt. Lots of great places to hunt in your area. Check out the FB group for EastTXMetalDetecting, or visit one of the detecting clubs in your area.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Thanks and yeah the more I played with it the easier it got. Right now just digging anything that's not ringing iron.

I'm off next week so going to hit it hard for that first silver.

I know there's plenty of old places around home but none that I know really where to go to hunt. Been looking at old maps and such. But problem is finding property you can hunt on is what I'm running into so far.

I will check out the fb page. Thanks a bunch

Well I'm still busy at work til Tuesday morning. My dad got out later today at a local ball park that has a few areas he remembers being there even when he was a kid. He searched some other areas and found lots of clad. Dug up some kids coin stashes. Lol. Then later went to the older areas and had some deep high tones but to wore out to dig em. Lol. He did manage his first silver a 1954 Rosie. I'll try and get a picture next week.

But at least now I have a little hope for the place and can go back and dig his high tones he left. I should be able to find more with my at pro. Considering he found one with a harbor frieght $40 special lol.

Lol nice. Yeah I work out if San Antonio. 2 weeks at a time. Go on days off in the morning woohoo get wait to get out this week and do some hunting

Welcome aboard!! :)

Thanks. Got back home yesterday and out with my at pro. Found my first silver and first merc.

3 Rosie- 62,63,63
Merc - 43

Pretty stoked now lol.

I need to figure out how to post pics mobile

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back