Saturday Silver

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Hi all...Hope everyones findin' some good stuff. I finally got a chance to do a 4 hour hunt on Saturday, and went back to the middle school where I found the Colorado tax token. I found a spot where there is a buried curb evidently where there used to be a street at one time. I'm finding some fairly old stuff along this curb which is now under about 3" of grass. Great thing about it is that when I burn out on the relic hunting, I can just walk over to the sports fields and do some pretty fair clad hunting. So here's the skinny from Saturdays hunt...$9.40 in clad, a brass band uniform button, a .925 silver ring, a whatsit, and 3 RTD tokens. I could use some input on the whatsit and the tokens. I've included a closeup of both. The whatsit is missing a flourish on the other side of the rosette so basically it's a little over half of what it was. That's a screw head you can see, and there was another right next to it that was snapped off. My best guess is a handle of some sort. The tokens are obviously a transit token but my search doesn't find any that look like these. There are still tokens available to ride the bus in the Denver area but they are way different looking than these. So I'm more interested in dating them. Oh yeah, the two pennies under the ring are wheats, 44D and 54D. Funny when you find a strip of undisturbed ground in an area where reconstruction is all around it. Good luck everyone~CO2

Attachments

• Dcp03042.jpg
    Dcp03042.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 295
  • Dcp03044.jpg
    Dcp03044.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 285
  • Dcp03057.jpg
    Dcp03057.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 246
  • Dcp03045.jpg
    Dcp03045.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 277
Upvote 0
Looking Good Colorado2. The tokens are circa 1970 or so from the denver RTD. They just changed the machines on the buses at some point. Still cool though. The WTF I have no Idea and the wheats are Sweet. HH

Wow!!! What a day you had there...Incredible... :o

GJ & HH,

DugHoles
Upstate NY

Ya know...you always got something good to show us!
Thanks...
Nana ;)

Nice haul, cool bus tokens, and the "what'sit" looks like part of a handle to an old outdoor faucet (probably brass)!

HH

Lonewolfe

Those .925 silver finds can add up and be turned into .925 silver bars.

WTG and HH!

Attachments

• silverbars.jpg
    silverbars.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 165
  • silverbars.jpg
    silverbars.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 110

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back