Findlay Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites M6

Attachments

• badside.JPG
    badside.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 287
Upvote 0
and the good side, both of these bullets look like the plow got to them in the 150 years they have been in the ground.

Attachments

• goodside.JPG
    goodside.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 292
Thats a good question Zeke, we founds 2 of those whole and many of them in halves, Its just my guess but if you look at that then at your levi's it looks like the studs in them around your pockets to me.

nice finds. yeah that woul dbe my guess something like a button or what not

The items you are talking about are rivets that held leather items together. I've found lots of them over the years.

WTG, was the bullet a 3 ringer ? couldn't tell but might be 54 or 58 caliber, didnt look big enough to be a 69 caliber. really good finds. I have found several of those copper looking rivets, usually I find them at cw campsites.

Word on the rivit looking thing from pappy is its a haver sack button, the larger bullet is a three ring minni ball, and the small one is from a pistol. Ive been doing so much reading on the site I had found these items at my eyes are bleeding, even found CW date period pictures of it, topo maps of it (dated 1993 lol). On this one piece of privatly owned land there were many actions that had took place. The above items were from the supply dump encampment. Next time we go out there we are heading into the woods to hunt the skirmish site, there were 27 documented burried bodies there, 25 were moved to a CW graveyard and they were unable to find the last two soldiers bodies. I do know that a whole rifle was found with bayonette burried into a tree or the ground last year. And two 20 dollar gold pieces have been recovered in a mini cashe from when the soldiers burried there belongings before heading into battle. Finding these artifacts opened up a whole new can of worms to me, I was just a coin digger now all of that has changed the moment I found that mini ball. HH....Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back