May 27, 2013
Evansville, IN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 (Tracker 4)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
There is a hard 90 degree turn, I think that would be the place to check. What do you all think?

Check the inside of the bend. If there is gold it will be there. Remember, when you find blacksand you don't always find gold, but when you find gold you usually find blacksand.

Good Luck!

BH Prospector

Look at where heavy boulders are located at the bend. Yesterday I did a test pan in some sand and found black sand. No gold, but sand is usually the place you don't always want to look. Gold would drop out with heavier materials. That bend might be the best. Make sure to give us an update.

Will update but the spring thaw needs to end and the water needs to recede

Can you post a few pics of the creek?

I will try to get pictures of the creek this weekend.

Dig to the bedrock once the water is down, that's where you find the gold if there is any. Considering your location there probably is, expect fine particles and an occasional flake.

In glacier country bedrock can be quite deep in many areas. Think about a flake's journey downward thru the creek bed...anything that is broad enough to stop gold flakes should be cleaned off carefully...large rocks (especially those too big for you to move since they've more likely sat in the same place for decades or longer...I mean BIG rocks) and also clay layers can also act as bedrock-like traps, stopping gold migration.

Good information, thanks.

I am looking for my own dirt, but do any of you guys have a good line on paydirt. There was someone selling some from Alaska last fall.

Amazon or direct, I don't like ebay

Thanks, I will it when I get home.

Thanks Kevin, that was interesting and encouraging.

The creak her in town is still high, but I looked at the bank and there is a lot if sand. I tried a pan for s&g's and I saw black sand mixed in. I need to wait for the creek to go down, but any other advice?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back