S.C. Coastal Artillery Corp Button

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 20190410_171710.jpg
    20190410_171710.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 132
Upvote 24
That's a cool old find! South Carolina is giving up treasure!

Nice job! Very cool piece of history! :occasion14:

yes a very very cool one, congrats

Awesome find! Congrats!

Very cool! I still haven't found anything that is specific to South Carolina, but I'm looking hard.

Clemson Agricultural College button from the early days when the school was a military college.

Cadets_on_Bowman_Field_(Oconeean_1904).png

Greg

That is a very cool button!

Yep-Clemson Agricultural College button. for most part, button stayed the same from inception (1889) through 1940s.
Have found a few and I live in Clemson. For some reason , they are fairly scarce given the fact that the coat alone had over 33 buttons on them.

Hi Deep1....absolutely, 100% Clemson Agricultural College. Not trying to debate or create an issue, just educate. Worthpoint, unfortunately is incorrect in their ID. Still a very cool button. I've seen the original school uniforms in person, dug examples myself (coats and cuffs), and seen pictures of cadets wearing the uniforms bearing the button...

Greg

That's a friggin' sweet button! Congratulations!

And I thought everything I read on the internet is true.

Haha! Yes....it is really a nice button...I think I have about 5 between dug and non-dug. Non-dug usually fetch $30 easy when they come up on ebay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back