Round clay object... Native American?

gearnoggin

Feb 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It just got finished flooding in my area this morning. So I decided to check around some washed out areas for relics. Some old bricks sticking out around the base of a really old tree caught my attention. So I got to poking around and found this. Thought in might be native at first but it was close to some old bricks and iron objects. There was natives in the area back in the day. I think it's clay. Definitely man made. Any help identifying this would be greatly appreciated! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1467943622.300393.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1467943637.406379.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1467943651.080165.jpg

That's interesting. Agree man-made/worked. Has me stumped. If Native American could be early stage of a Gorget. If more modern possibly a brick layer or surveyors plumb bob weight?

Upvote 0
Jesuits, let us see the metal pieces. Was it close to a stream or river

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
There's been a lot of dumping in the area I found it. I find all kinds of metal bits around the area. The main piece of metal I saw was the clamp for a 50 gal drum lid I think. It's got roots around it so I couldn't pull it out.

Upvote 0
I seem to remember several of those posted on here a couple years ago. I don't remember exactly what they were but the id was totally surprising and not Native American.

Upvote 0
I seem to remember several of those posted on here a couple years ago. I don't remember exactly what they were but the id was totally surprising and not Native American.

I remember some of those. Some were ID's as part of a SPRINKLER head, I believe.

Upvote 0
On one side of it the bowl shaped dip in fits the tip of my finger perfect. Like someone pressed it in there while the clay was still soft. The hole through the center isn't drilled either. It must have been pushed through with a rod also while still soft. Reason I say that is because the hole is perfectly smooth and round.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back