Round 2 of Lefts Attack On Our Rights

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sign your NEW ā€œNo Gun Control, No Dealsā€ petition to your U.S. Senators and Congressman via link below.......

NEW ā€œNo Gun Control, No Dealsā€ Petition

To my U.S. Senators and Congressman

Whereas:Barack Obama is back for ā€œRound Two,ā€ doing everything in his power to pass ANY gun control bill; and

Whereas:By definition, criminals donā€™t obey laws and new gun control laws make it more difficult for law-abiding citizens to protect themselves and their families; and

Whereas:The Second Amendment clearly states ā€œthe right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.ā€; and

Whereas:Second Amendment supporters like myself strongly oppose ā€“ and will be paying close attention to any Senator or Congressman who votes for ā€“ new unconstitutional gun control schemes; and

Therefore:As your constituent, I INSIST you OPPOSE ANY and ALL gun control legislation.

http://nagr.org/no-gun-control.aspx?pid=fb2

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Makes my head explode that BO said he was putting pressure on gun runners in Mexico. The only pressure might be to tell Holder to get more weapons for the Cartels there!

Thanks for the petition TH!

2nd Amendment

There are two principle versions of the Second Amendment: one version was passed by Congress, while the other is found in the copies distributed to each individual state and later ratified by them

As passed by the Congress:A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a Free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States: A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

how come you gun nuts NEVER mention the government has the right to regulate an train weapons users.

We are not gun nuts, we believe in the Constitution and its Bill of Rights, all of them....."The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" is pretty clear.... No where in the 2nd is there an exception or exclusion clause......

Last edited:
2nd Amendment

There are two principle versions of the Second Amendment: one version was passed by Congress, while the other is found in the copies distributed to each individual state and later ratified by them

As passed by the Congress:A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a Free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States: A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

how come you gun nuts NEVER mention the government has the right to regulate an train weapons users.

The government does have the right to regulate and train weapons users,its called the army,navy,and marines!

Regulate- "to adjust to a good standard" or "to put in good order". It did not say the government had the right to regulate a militia, but it DID say the people had the right to KEEP and bear Arms.

secret,What does your statements have to do with the petition, or the price of tea in Texas?

We will no longer just accept the things we cannot change, we are going to change the things we cannot accept....

The line has been drawn in the sand, if we don't make a stand today for our rights and freedoms, tomorrow our grand children will have none.......

2nd Amendment

Secretcanyon, how dare you come into a forum and start calling people names "how come you gun nuts NEVER mention the government has the right to regulate an train weapons users." You may be willing to give up your rights as an American (which you can do by simply choosing not to own guns) but you have no right to try to take the rest of our rights away. Maybe you should THINK next time before you come and start throwing implied insults around. How about trying some PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY next time you post and own your mistake and APOLOGIZE for this in your next post?

Just signed as well as two others, thanks TH for the petition link.

Mr Secretcanyon;

Your premonition of a "well-regulated militia" falls short on a couple fronts:
In the historical context of the time, 1791, when the BOR was radified, militias were the wards of each state, not the Federal Govt., the were volunteers, and thusly the ,"well regulated", pertained to organization, and not the training of said individuals. While they may have fought and served under Continental officers, they elected their own officers, and these local companys trained themselves.

It was not the intent to train or arm these units from the Fed. Govt. but always fell to the legislatures of the individual states.

The main purpose of the second amendment to the Constitution, was to guarantee the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms for the protection of the individual from Govt., both internal, and abroad. It was not written to give the rights to the Govt. It is interesting that it was Thomas Jefferson, and other States Rights advocates that demanded the writing of the Bill of Rights in 1791, 4 years after the passing of the Constitution itself. These first 10 Amendments were added for the protection of the individual against a strong Federal Govt.

Well, as Benghazi unfolds, looks like Barry will be spending more time covering his butt as Democrats distance themselves from him, than pushing his Commie agenda. But then they are pretty good at smearing anyone who questions him. So the future is indeterminate.

I have no guns, but I clearly and firmly believe in our 2nd Amendment rights.... Oh, I'm sorry - I do have a Nerf assault weapon, and do use it on my ignoramus cat who howls constantly. The foam rubber doesn't hurt him, but he thinks it does and hides under the bed. Sometimes you just have to accept family just as it is :(

Bummer man!

Oh, and that well regulated militia?

Or maybe it was Barry's "citizen's army" - kinda like the Turner Diaries thing.

I think we call it DHS and TSA today don't we. They're the ones getting the armored vehicles and zillions of rounds - to protect us, right?

Oh, I'm sorry, maybe that was racist......

Geez, I'm catching all the search phrases they are watching....

And, of course they are watching us here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back