NJLargeCent

Feb 8, 2012
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this item on the same site as other colonial relics while hunting with ErikinNJ. He unearthed an 1801 copper and other period items, so I'm hoping the age is similar. It's bulbous on one side, concave on the other. It's approx 2.25'' x 1.5'' and weighs .58 oz (16.5 g). Thanks for any ideas/info.

mystery object front.jpgmystery object sidejpg.jpg

Attachments

• mystery3.jpg
    mystery3.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 75
Many thanks, SS, that could very well be it. Your suggestion lead to an image search, which lead me also to the possibility of it being a bridle boss. Here are some that look very similar (and appear to date it to 1700s), but where there are holes in most of the examples, mine has soldered "male" connectors.

Upvote 0
Many thanks, SS, that could very well be it. Your suggestion lead to an image search, which lead me also to the possibility of it being a bridle boss. Here are some that look very similar (and appear to date it to 1700s), but where there are holes in most of the examples, mine has soldered "male" connectors.
Yes I am going to agree with you, after looking again at the mounting lugs that are still visible, I would agree that it is a bridle boss/harness mount.
UK Finds Database - - - UKDFD

SS

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back