Rosary Amulet ? Help with ID

Goldstar1

May 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Goldbug Pro ,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this at an old mining camp that dated to the late 1800s , but it also has a much older history of Spanish , French and other European history in the area. I am pretty sure it is a rosary amulet , it appears to be copper and seems much more worn and corroded than most of the other copper and brass stuff from the area, its about the size of a penny. Does anyone know what it is exactly and the time period it was made ? also any opinions of whether I should clean and preserve it or should i leave it alone , so far i have just slightly scrubbed it with a tooth brush, I am pretty good at cleaning relics but I dont like to mess with anything too much until I know what it is. any help is appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• P6151286.JPG
    P6151286.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 154
  • P6151285.JPG
    P6151285.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 78
So I went ahead and cleaned it up and can now read the full text, it reads "Transito Di S. Giuseppe" "M. SS. Del Rosario" and "Pompei" .
Does this mean anything to anyone , I am not really familiar with this sort of thing other than it seems Catholic and Pompei of course a city in Italy.

Upvote 0
P6171291.JPGP6171288.JPG

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back