May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We spotted this field yesterday whilst scouting about. It had a large amount of failed oilseed rape so we thought we would try it out. When we got to the top of the hill where we have a Roman Site, we saw that area was perfectly flat & recently seeded. Therefore we started to grid over the previously productive spot.
We finished just shy of 5 hours with an excellent result for this time of year:

15 Roman Bronze Coins
2 Hammered - Charles I Penny & Cut Shortcross of Henry III8-)
Siliqua of Julian II:headbang: First Roman Silver off this site after 4 years hunting.
2 Jettons
Livery Button
Lead Medieval Button & a small Tudor type
Cuff link (hard to picture) - 2 heads left - new type for me
Tudor Clothes Hook
Part of a Medieval Mirror Case Lid (for capturing the image of the Saints)
Medieval Buckle Plate

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    210.2 KB · Views: 200
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    220.3 KB · Views: 200
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 194
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 497
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    277.6 KB · Views: 222
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 199
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Upvote 10
WOW!! Amazing! That's a lot of treasure for 5 hours! Congratulations, glad you had a super day!

WOW!! Amazing! That's a lot of treasure for 5 hours! Congratulations, glad you had a super day!

Bear in mind, I keep all Dads finds, so this is 10 man hours.

Great finds, I collect roman coins, how do you clean them and how deep are they usually? Thanks

Is that a figure of a dog on the top left. My gawd, I'm drooling here.:thumbsup:

P.S. This forum needs a drooling smiley.

Killer day on coins Cru, especially the silver! Lots of other goodies too including that bird band.

Wow, you really hit it hard today. Some really nice finds there for sure.
ZDD

Great day, nice silver too !:hello2:

Good things come to people who wait... and wait... and wait...and wait...and wait.

Great finds, I collect roman coins, how do you clean them and how deep are they usually? Thanks

In ploughed land, none of them are very deep, Dad picked one off the top. That's why we don't often do grass land.

We clean them with warm soapy water. Very rarely, if one is heavily encrusted, I blast it with electrolysis to get an ID. I never try & clean the silver coins, however yesterday the coin was so black, I rubbed it with spit & aluminium foil to highlight the letters.

Is that a figure of a dog on the top left. My gawd, I'm drooling here.:thumbsup:

P.S. This forum needs a drooling smiley.

That Livery button is circa 1850s, it has a sitting Greyhound with a Deers head in front. (new type for me, I think)

Nice Roman Silver ! ;-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back