Rolex Spoon???

Huizer

Jan 27, 2005
Hi all, Went to my buddys place because his wife was going to cut my hair. I had a bit of time before she was ready so I busted out the ol' IDX and went to his back yard. I was glad to see the snow had all melted--it always takes a bit in the shade-- and started to detect. I found this spoon in front of his back garage about 4" down. My best find of the year. Now if only my XLT would get here...

Later, Huizer.

If anyone has any information on it... well that would be great. I dont know if its silver.....

Attachments

• PDR_1356.JPG
    PDR_1356.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 1,904
  • PDR_1357.JPG
    PDR_1357.JPG
    10.4 KB · Views: 706
  • PDR_1359.JPG
    PDR_1359.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 2,103
  • PDR_1361.JPG
    PDR_1361.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,395
Upvote 0
hey buddy..

Here is a link I found pertaining to your rolex spoon. Evidently you can buy one for 69 bucks.. here is the link...

http://www.iorio.com/watch/rolex/jk3g656a.html

you will probably have to copy and paste that into your address bar sorry i dont know the fancy html way to do it.

Cool spoon. ?On the spoon, it looks like the lion is holding a metal detector with the swiss flag on it. ;)

Wow!!

Thanks for all the info, I had no idea that it was worth that much....
Its cool that they still make them.

Thanks, Huizer.

Well, a quick look on Ebay this morning......my spoon isn't worth much at all. There is a lot of them for sale and none are selling for very much. And those are in a lot better shape than mine. I still dont know what it is made of though....its not magnetic. I see people listing them as sterling silver, silver plated, steel, and pewter. Whenever I use silverware to eat, my fillings tickle...some sort of galvanic reaction, so I put it in my mouth. Nothing. I suspect its stainless steel, but I have stainless cutlery that is magnetic but a chunk of stainless from a machine shop is not??? something to do with the alloys I guess. Anyways, I like it. It's going on the shelf.

Huizer.

Huizer said:
Hi all, Went to my buddys place because his wife was going to cut my hair. I had a bit of time before she was ready so I busted out the ol'? IDX and went to his back yard. I was glad to see the snow had all melted--it always takes a bit in the shade-- and started to detect. I found this spoon in front of his back garage about 4" down. My best find of the year. Now if only my XLT would get here...

Nice find Huizer!

Even if it is not silver it is still a nice find. Not everyone can claim to find something Rolex related!! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back