rivers in missouri

falcolnx

Dec 22, 2008
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Ace 150 currently
In doing my halting research I find a lot of info about rivers and creeks towards the north east. If I was wanting to prospect in rivers and creeks to the north west what sources should I delve into to figure out whether or not I am setting myself up for a trespassing charge or not?

Is there any protocol I should be following for certain areas of say the Platte river since that one is the closest to me?

Upvote 0
OR........

Am I just setting myself up for failure in looking some distance away from established gold sites?

seems like theres gotta be some "new" sites somewhere, & why not you finding it? I'm not a gold digger, & don't know anything bout gold, but if it's in one creek, could be in others. good luck.

Falcolnx, first thing is knowing land ownership laws i.e. does the land owner own everything out to the middle of the rvr. or strm. or to the mean low or high water mark. Sometimes if you introduce yourself to a property owner and politely ask permission to pan a stream running through his property for a set fee or a split of whatever you find they will let you in. Remember though that you are on private property and treat that privilege with respect

Next look on maps of the area you are planning to prospect and see if there are any state or federal camp grounds on those bodies of water, in most cases panning is allowed, check with proper office.

Good luck & take care out there,
Gramps

we also have a group in st joseph called nw missouri prospectors and metal detectors we ahd our meeting this past sunday my daughter is hooked on the little black pans from mr foster you know him warsawdaddy where has he been havent seen him in a few months is he and his wife ok i am in nw mo falcon x and i have some creeks that i sampled today got color about 7-8 flakes the size of a bb will be setting up sluice box and some crevice pumps in a few weeks unless the mighty mo floods the out give me a holler come for a meeting some time and mogpaa is good

thank you rassu wsd just told me the same thing doug has been very helpful to me in starting prospecting he gave my daughter her first pan a little 10 inch black one she is a shooter with that pan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back