River rat and her indian artifacts

missmoose

Greenie
Jun 12, 2014
anywhere but HERE
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad to be here. put a message in another area where i said what's happening. got a gorgeous indian artifact collection and don't understand this site well OR computers. not sure how to post the photos. don't have a manual. guess i'll have to google that task. i need other people to see these items so i can learn more about them. i do comparing online, and my stuff is better than what's in museums. could really use some help here getting started. anyway, i'm in the NYC suburbs. i've stumbled onto this great site. not far from the Hudson. today, i found a gigantic arrowhead. there's no other word for it: it's 6" long, 4" wide --- exact shape and honing of an arrowhead. never heard of this type of thing, no idea what it is. any help out there? the collection runs the gamut from hoe blades, stone club heads, pestles, hammerstones, lots of things. can't list them all right now. want to share with others very much. also not sure about how to protect this site. it's a scenic area, so i almost hate to tell people since they'll bring a mass of humanity, shovels and whatever, and completely ruin it. conversely, i feel a strong obligation to see that things stay in the educational/ museum sphere and not be exploited online for a buck.
don't know what to do. tried to contact a local archaeologist, but she seemed full of herself, didn't want to believe that an amateur could find anything good. but i've found jaw dropping stuff and i've got the photos.

Missmoose, I'm near Nyack and would be willing to help you learn to post your photos if you'd like. I won't even ask you where you found your goodies, and if I were you I wouldn't get the archies involved.

Hi missmoose, glad to hear you have a super collection. Hope someone can give you a hand as I am in the same boat as far as posting pictures. Been collecting myself since I was a kid. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Are you referring to me? It's been so long since I've posted some Indian artifacts on TNet.

metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: New York for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

it's so nice to meet kind people here. i've seen a few so far who only seem to be quite dismissive. "no find's a good find unless I'VE found it" type of thing. all i can say is how it seems from here --- and that's how it seems. On a positive note, the messages in this "meet and greet" section feel much kinder; so i thank you sincerely. no one wants to check out something new and feel completely slapped down from the first minute. I will locate you, Nyack person, and accept your offer -- cuz i need it. ps Nyack's a great town, i used to hang there many times in the past. if you're not a serial killer, i can show you some good river spots --- 'less you've found them all already. i know some remote ones with no trail in. as to the goodies, if i can be certain of a person's quality and intentions, i would probably disclose this.

different river rat

no. sorry, it's just an unfortunate coincidence. i've been a river rat and called myself such for decades now --- never knew of your existence.

Hello and welcome from florida.

If your using a phone for your posts, you can download Tapatalk, it's great for posting pictures. .:)

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

it's so nice to meet kind people here. i've seen a few so far who only seem to be quite dismissive. "no find's a good find unless I'VE found it" type of thing. all i can say is how it seems from here --- and that's how it seems. On a positive note, the messages in this "meet and greet" section feel much kinder; so i thank you sincerely. no one wants to check out something new and feel completely slapped down from the first minute. I will locate you, Nyack person, and accept your offer -- cuz i need it. ps Nyack's a great town, i used to hang there many times in the past. if you're not a serial killer, i can show you some good river spots --- 'less you've found them all already. i know some remote ones with no trail in. as to the goodies, if i can be certain of a person's quality and intentions, i would probably disclose this.

if you had simply accepted the good and honest and accurate feedback the helpful collectors in the artifact section were trying to offer you, instead of behaving like a 5 year old stomping her feet because people had opinions different then her own, you might have actually learned something on TNet. Your fit was the single worst instance of inexcusable, inappropriate, and unjustifiable behavior I have ever witnessed on this site. I've never seen anything like it. You told everyone on TNet that if they did not agree with your opinion, they should just shut up. You called people all kinds of rotten names, simply because their opinions were different then your own!! You should be absolutely ashamed of yourself for such disgusting behavior when it was obvious you did not have an Indian artifact, everyone could see that you did not, and that unexpected reply caused you to act like a 5 year old.
All while folks were trying to help you. I even composed a long post explaining and illustrating a real Northeastern hoe blade for you, hoping you would then understand your example did not display alteration by human hands. Instead, you reply by screaming at people and calling people rotten things. People with maturity can handle differences of opinion without throwing a fit!

"sincerely. no one wants to check out something new and feel completely slapped down from the first minute."

You foolish, foolish girl. You were not slapped down at all!! People who know more then you do(it may surprise you to know such people exist in the world. You do not know it all!!!!!) told you what you had. Honestly, and with explanations why it was what it was, the whole nine yards. You, sorry sad sack, simply could not handle the truth. So instead, you made a complete spectacle of yourself. Very sad.

i see you actually wrote "these people need help. They are disgusting" under your avatar. WOW. Are you a sick, sick, puppy, or what!!!!? YOU need help, and I hope you get it!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back