Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was wondering if anyone new the age of this ring? I think its made of copper? Sorry for the blurry pic. But its got a lite purple color store. Which I assume is just glass. Thanks for any and all help.

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 328
  • ring2.jpg
    ring2.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 324
Mainer are there any maker marks or numbers in the inside of the ring?
That may help dated it .
It does look like it has been in the ground for a while .

Upvote 0
Nope no writting whats so ever.

Upvote 0
is there writing on the right side or just artifact?

Attachments

• ring2[1]cp.jpg
    ring2[1]cp.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 269
Upvote 0
Nope no writting there either. :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0
Thats kinda what I was thinking Jeff. Thank you. :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0
You have a real antique there. I would say early 1800's. :o A very nice old hand made piece. Not glass.... Could be amethyst.

Upvote 0
You think? Anyway to tell if its a real stone? Thanks for your input. :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0
There are several test I use for real vs. fake stones. Yours look to be an amethyst. After cleaning it, look with a magnifying glass for color bands. The color bands should be straight lines with no curves. Amethyst are quartz, so it should be cold when you touch it to your cheek. You can also put it under a pair of polarized sunglasses, then rotate it, and it should change colors from light to dark. As far as the date is concerned, I'd say Victorian. Neat find, Breezie

Upvote 0
Breezie said:
There are several test I use for real vs. fake stones. Yours look to be an amethyst. After cleaning it, look with a magnifying glass for color bands. The color bands should be straight lines with no curves. Amethyst are quartz, so it should be cold when you touch it to your cheek. You can also put it under a pair of polarized sunglasses, then rotate it, and it should change colors from light to dark. As far as the date is concerned, I'd say Victorian. Neat find, Breezie

Beezie...... it is too ugly to be Victorian! Sorry mainer, I had to say it. :hello:

Upvote 0
thrillathahunt said:
Breezie said:

Beezie...... it is too ugly to be Victorian! Sorry mainer, I had to say it. :hello:

I agree. :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back