Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,

This morning I went out to a few schools I had been to earlier in the year to see what I may have missed and what may have been dropped recently. The first school was one I visited 3 months ago. I came up with a silver ring I missed in the soccer field and a little clad, including a Sac dollar. The plastic ring was found on top of the chips underneath a chin-up bar..it made me gasp until I picked it up..the ring gods got me with their little joke >:(

I happened to find a Thomas Jefferson $1 coin yesterday at a different school and found a George Washington $1 coin today in the chips. I've found 6 dollar coins in the last few months, which is a lot nicer than digging 24 quarters :)

I also found the usual knicknacks and a child's earring for my growing collection of earrings. By the time the rain chased me away I had $6.44 in clad and a couple pieces of jewelry.

FINDS5-5.jpg

FINDS2-13.jpg

FINDS1-14.jpg

FINDS3-9.jpg

Nat

Upvote 0
Nice digs :)

HH

At this pace Nat I'm looking close to 100 this year......And you can quote me on this.I hope the dead Pres.'s start showing up like Zincoln's.Congrat's to ya :thumbsup:

civilman1 said:
At this pace Nat I'm looking close to 100 this year......And you can quote me on this.I hope the dead Pres.'s start showing up like Zincoln's.Congrat's to ya :thumbsup:

I agree with Civil. You'll hit 100 rings this year. Nice find there big guy.
Congrats on the dollar coins too!
-MM-

Ok....Let me get this straight. You've already found 17 rings this year? Your 2007 record is as good as broken Natman. I can see it already. What was your final total last year again? Cause I don't think its gonna hold up. :thumbsup:

Thanks you guys..I found 75 last year, but to accomplish that I ended up covering several school districts and many private yards in my area. I've been going back to the same ones over and over and they're not giving up much else.

To break 75 I'm going to have to cover new ground further away, or there's going to have to be lots more rings lost between now and summer vacation at the schools I've already been to. I'm thinking covering different ground further away is going to be my best bet. Some really nice rings were also found in private yards I got permission to search, and those are fewer now as well..the RE agents and even private owners aren't giving me the go ahead like they did last year..I think the market has a lot to do with it - homes aren't selling well and many of the sellers I've come across don't want anyone around that they don't know.

Surpassing last year's total won't be easy but maybe I could come close. I find most of my rings by chance when I'm out coin shooting..silver rings on my detector ring out like quarters, so that accounts for the majority of my rings being silver, like the one I found today.

The next few days are supposed to be rainy, but I'm hoping to go out and try for ring #18 by later in the week.

Nat

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
You rock Natman.... You been hitting it hard down there, really cleaning up..

I found my first $1. back around January, a Thom Jeff. too. Gotta love those president coins huh.
Got a feeling we'll be finding those more often, gives us something to look forward too.

HH
Harry

Natman you had another great day. Congrads! :thumbsup:
Thanks for the post of encouragement.
Chris & LeeAnn

Nat,
No pressure on hitting 100 rings this year buddy. We're happy with whatever you find. Swing stress-free this year and enjoy your time out. That's the it's all about.
-MM-

Congrats on another nice hunt Natman :thumbsup:, you're doing very well making some nice finds. Congrats on the ring wtg!
Glenn

ModernMiner said:
Nat,
No pressure on hitting 100 rings this year buddy. We're happy with whatever you find. Swing stress-free this year and enjoy your time out. That's the it's all about.
-MM-

Thanks Doug, same here..whatever happens happens..I've got a beautiful collection of rings I like to show, but I never knew what each one was until I dug it up..each one is an added bonus, just like finding an obsolete coin. I'm alive, I can walk and breathe the air, I enjoy being out there, and the rest is icing on the cake.

Thanks for the replies, they are truly appreciated!

Nat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back