Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well I guess it was a Revolutionary War kind of hunt. Got back to exploring the shores of St-Lawrence (near Montreal) as my fields don't seem eager to trow at me their treasures this year. A bit of a slow day with very little finds but just before the dark got my very first complete 60th Regiment of foot (Royal Americans) coat sized button. An absolutely beautiful color! Than a few feet away, deep in the mud a 1775 George III Britannia Halfpenny (a counterfeit) also very well preserved. Always wanted to find a 1775 British coin for my collection and being able to find it next to a beautiful Rev War button is an absolute cherry on the cake!

A great little hunt!

Attachments

• DSC_0402.JPG
    DSC_0402.JPG
    752 KB · Views: 398
  • DSC_0414a.JPG
    DSC_0414a.JPG
    814 KB · Views: 186
  • DSC_0410.JPG
    DSC_0410.JPG
    820.9 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
Upvote 32
Another amazing button. You have an incredible spot. Congrats

Awesome! I found a 60th yesterday too! Mine is later though.

My goodness you have found some incredible coins and buttons! You find early pieces on almost every hunt that most will only dream of ever finding. Congrats on a great run. I hope it continues for yoy

That is one great looking button...congrats

My goodness you have found some incredible coins and buttons! You find early pieces on almost every hunt that most will only dream of ever finding. Congrats on a great run. I hope it continues for yoy

Says the guy with the awesome Luckenbooth brooch...lol. Thanks man! Hope you have some more amazing finds like the one you posted. But honestly I don't post every hunt I have, some days are slow and the fields are hiding their treasures from me a bit better this year. Hope they give me something interesting before the snow!

Congratulations on finding a Rev War button in such fantastic condition-and the halfpenny as well. You had a great day!

That is a beautiful Rev War Royal Americans button. The mud and water really helped out with that one as it did with KGIII. You might want to get an expert opinion on that one because I believe those denticles around the rim are indicative of a Machins Mills counterfeit. However the only 1775 listed is a Vlack 4-75A, and the kings head is different. Maybe IP can chime in.

That is a beautiful Rev War Royal Americans button. The mud and water really helped out with that one as it did with KGIII. You might want to get an expert opinion on that one because I believe those denticles around the rim are indicative of a Machins Mills counterfeit. However the only 1775 listed is a Vlack 4-75A, and the kings head is different. Maybe IP can chime in.

Thank you! Yes,I did ask him. Seems to be a regular counterfeit.

Great finds! Was up your way for work last week, def a cool area. Walked up the hill, almost died haha.

Great looking button and copper, congratulations!

Steve

Both of those things could possibly turn up here, but never look like that! I like when I find something and thing... ok, never need to dig another one of those because it won't get any better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back