May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time to don the waterproofs & dig in the rain. At least the windy weather dryed me off between showers. I did 4 hours & Cru'dad joined me for 1hr 45mins adding 1 Roman Coin to the count & the best button of the day - Livery type.

Other than the 10 Roman Coins I hoovered up, there was a small amount of Medieval pop up; with a nice buckle & plate plus a belt mount (debased beast head)

Not a great day but at least I added 1 more Roman Coin to the Album - AE3 Julian II AD350s (our first of this type):icon_thumright:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 89
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 93
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 2
For this time of the year i would be happy with that hunt. We only have very few options now... Well done!

For this time of the year i would be happy with that hunt. We only have very few options now... Well done!

We are happy enough, we are aiming for 10 every trip off this site. I really hope for a silver but we are now at 150 Bronze from here without one. As they are mostly the smaller coins, I think it was raided some years ago.

A wish my site was closer like yours, I have to do 130 mile round trip, Tuff day by the sounds of it, but you got a album coin.8-)

SS

A wish my site was closer like yours, I have to do 130 mile round trip, Tuff day by the sounds of it, but you got a album coin.8-)

SS
Yes, local (ish) - 20 minute drive, as opposed to a 10 minute bike ride:laughing7:
It was as tough as we expected for this one, but thats compared to our 'height of season' searches, this time of year we are glad of this. I'm not looking forward to next month though:thumb_down:

Decent finds today Cru!
It's amazing how small some of those Roman coins can be! :icon_scratch:

Dave

Decent finds today Cru!
It's amazing how small some of those Roman coins can be! :icon_scratch:

Dave

They are the late 4th C types, some are a couple of mm's smaller, they carried them in small bags. weight counted, not the no.'s as such. If you dropped a couple, you probably just never bent down.

These are the one's that were missed by the nighthawks that we think beat us to the better stuff.

Last edited:
These are the late 4th C types, some are a couple of mm's smaller, they carried them in small bags. weight counted, not the no.'s as such. If you dropped a couple, you probably just never bent down.

These are the one's that were missed by the nighthawks that we think beat us to the better stuff.
They can be a bugger to find as well being that small, especially if the soil is wet. :BangHead:

SS

Congratulation, when you return, can you find gold coin. I wish you luck.

Congratulation, when you return, can you find gold coin. I wish you luck.
:laughing9: I would even bet against myself on that one. No gold likely in this area, but stranger things have happened.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back