May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We decided to return to the field we tried on Saturday. I thought gridding the lighter soil might produce some good finds, but after about 2 hours we mostly had buttons. However, at least I got a nice buckle.
We then tried the nearby Site that we call 'The Hill', but after 30 mins we gave up. The ground is too hard & lumpy.

Circa 7th C Saxon Buckle

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

Upvote 18
Congratulations on your finds! Thanks again for sharing.

We decided to return to the field we tried on Saturday. I thought gridding the lighter soil might produce some good finds, but after about 2 hours we mostly had buttons. However, at least I got a nice buckle.
We then tried the nearby Site that we call 'The Hill', but after 30 mins we gave up. The ground is too hard & lumpy.

Circa 7th C Saxon Buckle

View attachment 2164795View attachment 2164796View attachment 2164797View attachment 2164798
People sure lost a lot of buttons over there.
How many buttons are in your collection these days ?

Circa 7th C Saxon Buckle

View attachment 2164795View attachment 2164796View attachment 2164797View attachment 2164798
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

People sure lost a lot of buttons over there.
How many buttons are in your collection these days ?
If I had to guess about 20,000 including all the plain & 4 hole type that I keep in big tubs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back