May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dad came over after work & picked me up to go out for 2 hours in the evening, finally its raining, great to be out in the showers with the easier digging. The 2 hours he did on his own only produced a WW1 button as the best find (Picture 1), so we decided to return to the Barley Field Shaun7 & I did. Only about 30% of the field left to search.

Got a Lead Cap for a powder Flask (17th C)
Georgian Sword Belt fittment
3 OK Roman Coins
Rose Farthing - 1620s
Broken Buckles
Lead Tokens
2 Nice Buttons
and bits

Tomorrow we will drive around looking for new land that has been harvested :-\

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 407
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 406
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 401
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 396
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 396
Upvote 0
:hello:

You still did good :icon_thumleft: some nice Romans there, tomorrow we look for a Hoard that we think is in a corner of one of our fields :o if the crops cut :-\

SS

Silver Searcher said:

You still did good :icon_thumleft: some nice Romans there, tomorrow we look for a Hoard that we think is in a corner of one of our fields :o if the crops cut :-\

SS

good luck, can't believe the bad timing of the rain, in terms of wheat harvest. still helps us elsewhere

CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS

good luck, can't believe the bad timing of the rain, in terms of wheat harvest. still helps us elsewhere
Yep it's hammered down here today as well :-\ the forcasts not great for tomorrow :-\

SS

CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS

Yes, Sunday should be a deeper day for me :laughing7:

Nice Romans :icon_thumleft:

shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS

I smell hammered in your future

CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS

But not Cartwheels :laughing9:

SS

Cool finds CRUSADER :icon_sunny:

You guys finds more buttons in 2 hours than I'll find in 2 years :D Well top that up with finds I'll never make :o

Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS

SS

HAHA :laughing7:

Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS

SS

only a Roman gold coin each. ;D

Still looks good to me CRU. Good luck tomorrow. :icon_thumright:

Great finds as usual Crusader and Dad :icon_thumright:
Love the bronze finial, the Tudor Rose on the button and the
decoration on the buckle in the last photo :o
Congratulations,
Dave

2 great looking tombacs. Are they ca 18th century? I also like Roman coins with plenty of details and a farthing. Bugga that a buckle with fleur de lys on it (if I see correctly) is broken.

Argentium said:
Love that large flower button Cru, Is it 17th century ? Argentium.

tuatara said:
2 great looking tombacs. Are they ca 18th century? I also like Roman coins with plenty of details and a farthing. Bugga that a buckle with fleur de lys on it (if I see correctly) is broken.

Yes, the flower type is 18th C. The button top one is slightly earlier 18th C.

Yes, its a fleur-de-lis on the buckle, I was sad not to see the whole, as its a type I need :'(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back