artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been struggling with a really awful summer cold for going on two weeks now. I finally broke down and went to the doctor because everyone at work and at home was telling me that I looked and sounded as awful as I felt and that I should go to the doctor. The doctor told me that there is nothing that modern medicine can do for a cold and that it'll just go away on its own.

On that note, I decided that the weather was much too nice to stay home and feel sick, so I drove to the old house that I've been hunting, and walking from my car to the front steps of the house, my legs started feeling wobbly and I broke out into a clammy sweat. I turned the detector on and swung it for about a minute, got one hit, which I expertly pinpointed using my newly perfected "Wiggle" method, and out popped what you see pictured below. I was feeling so drained at that point that I had to force myself to fill the hole back in, pick up my gear and drag myself back to the car. I guess I still need a few more days before trying that again!
Can anyone tell me if this piece, which I did electrolysis on, and it appears to be copper, is modern (which is my bet) or older?
Pendant Front.JPG Pendant Back.JPG

Upvote 3
I'd bet its early 1900's at least. Maybe even a little older than that. If it was newer I don't think it would be copper.

Hope you get to feeling better! Try doing some shots of apple cider vinegar once a day.

I agree with your assesment of it being modern , but I am not as certain that it is copper (from the picture ) It may be silver and it may be
pot metal of some variety .

I've been struggling with a really awful summer cold for going on two weeks now. I finally broke down and went to the doctor because everyone at work and at home was telling me that I looked and sounded as awful as I felt and that I should go to the doctor. The doctor told me that there is nothing that modern medicine can do for a cold and that it'll just go away on its own.

Sorry to hear that but be careful. I had a friend that was feeling the same. Went to the doctor's and he told him the same thing. Turned out he had a bit of a virus, WestNile. :( Doc didn't see it because he wasn't looking.

Feed a cold, starve a fever. (But, what if one has both? :dontknow: ;) )

HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back