Results from 4 days

miester

May 21, 2005
Wi
My annual 1 week fishing trip turned into a detecting trip. The 1st. day I noticed a small oil leak from one of my motors and it was causing an oil slick around my boat, well it would be a sin to fowl these clean lakes so I put away the boat, but I had the m.d. along and it got a work out. As always my trip turned out to be an adventure. Sunday- one of my dogs decided that a musky spinner bait would look good hanging from his ear. Well I had nothing onboard to remove the hook from the dogs ear, it went all the way thru. So I had to go home for tools, and on the way both dogs fell out of the boat, the one with the hook in his ear weighs 125 dry, and wet, a lot more. Managed to get dogs back in the boat and you know what dogs do when they are wet, shake off, and now my wife and I smell like wet dogs. Got back to the landing, loaded the boat and dogs to get home to do minor surgery on my dog Fugit. Now my Tahoe smells like a wet dog too. Got back and removed the hook from his ear. Monday- borrowed a boat to detect an island which has been used as a shore lunch spot since the late 1800's, resuts were dissapointing except for a gift from an eagle. I had just given up and looked at my wife and said I've had it the only thing here is nails,bullets and beer bottle caps when a feather floated down from an eagle who had been watching us. Tuesday-went to a remote lake where a cabin was located until the 30's, again, slim pickins, screw this lets go pick blueberrys, went to a wild blueberry patch we had spotted on the way. The patch covers 10 acres on a hillside, when we got to it my wife and dogs spotted a wolf on the far side. On the way back there was another wolf loping across the road about 200 ft. ahead of us. All in all the results were not that good except a rail spike from 1884, a military button, and some wheaties.

Attachments

• island.jpg
    island.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 353
Upvote 0
The other picture did'nt post here it is I think.

Attachments

• vac..jpg
    vac..jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 355
Treasure is where you find it my friend. If it comes as wet dogs and an eagle feather, so be it. Really cool looking lake. I'm sure with a bit of time and patience the goodies will be found. Good luck and HH! Chris

Miester,

sounds like a real adventure; that's what it is all about.

Photo is really nice.

you and yours have a good un
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

gord said:
You don't have pliers and side-cutters in your tackle box?? How long have you been fishing!
Gord
I'd bet that I've spent more hours fishing than you, you've heard the saying " time spent fishing is not deducted from your allotted time on earth" I've always taken that saying seriously. Yes I carry side cutters and pliers onboard but they woud'nt even dent that thick hook. The way the dog was shaking his head I kept thinking about getting that hook in my finger, now that would have been a fix, a hook in the dogs ear and my finger at the same time, that would have left me with just my left hand to work with and I'm so right handed that I can hardly even scratch my ear with my left hand. I know what he was feeling as I've been there, only I was hooked somewhere else, you might say I was hooked where a lawyers heart is located, but theres more, the other set of treble hooks was impaled in a seat cushion....But thats another story.

Miester, thats a very funny story, although you probably didn't think it was funny at the time. Hope Fugits ear heals up.

Great adventure you were on, Meister. Some days are just like that, huh? Good luck on your next adventure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back