Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit an old rail stop township thingy in the Sierra's with #Conito@55 today. Coins were scarce, only one wheatie each. Mine is a 1939-s. Got one big ass horse shoe, a 'live' .38 S&W round, a teaspoon, a sugar spoon, some shotgun head stamps, some clothing bits and a strange piece of a casting, maybe a lantern bracket?. :dontknow:

IMG_7612.jpg
IMG_7615.JPG
IMG_7614.jpg
IMG_7613.jpg

A "push-button" Coors can. These were popular on the west coast in the late 70's. We would give 'em a little shake, and with good timing on the buttons you could shotgun that 12oz down in under 3 seconds!
IMG_7611.JPG

Upvote 19
I like that old "Fine Tailoring" clip. A poster in another thread says he found one like it, & all of his were from a 1910 logging camp.
See posts #1 & #7 in the following link.

It seems like every coin you find has an S mint mark. Most of them at least. Those are really scarce here. I find about equal amounts of plain and D.
That's probably just because of the locations. He's closer to the San Francisco mint, and you're kinda in between Denver and Philadelphia.

It always amazes me how well everything is preserved in the dry air in the desert, even the horseshoe has very little rust on it. I remember reading in the Miller Lamp Catalogue that these brackets could also be used to hold potted plants. This bracket may also have been made by B & H or any number of companies though.

The Miller factory turns out immense quantities of lamp goods and trimmings of every description, brass kettles and numerous small articles are also made. A Rolling mill is connected with the factory. One of the best equipped Brass Foundries in the State forms part of the plant, and altogether the business gives employment to about 700 persons. c1886

Nice finds bud, love the early cutlery too.
- Dave

Attachments

• EdwardMillerLamp.jpg
    EdwardMillerLamp.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7612-crop.jpg
    IMG_7612-crop.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 4
It always amazes me how well everything is preserved in the dry air in the desert, even the horseshoe has very little rust on it. I remember reading in the Miller Lamp Catalogue that these brackets could also be used to hold potted plants. This bracket may also have been made by B & H or any number of companies though.

The Miller factory turns out immense quantities of lamp goods and trimmings of every description, brass kettles and numerous small articles are also made. A Rolling mill is connected with the factory. One of the best equipped Brass Foundries in the State forms part of the plant, and altogether the business gives employment to about 700 persons. c1886

Nice finds bud, love the early cutlery too.
- Dave
Thanks Dave, good info!

Hit an old rail stop township thingy in the Sierra's with #Conito@55 today. Coins were scarce, only one wheatie each. Mine is a 1939-s. Got one big ass horse shoe, a 'live' .38 S&W round, a teaspoon, a sugar spoon, some shotgun head stamps, some clothing bits and a strange piece of a casting, maybe a lantern bracket?. :dontknow:

View attachment 2166617View attachment 2166618View attachment 2166619View attachment 2166620

A "push-button" Coors can. These were popular on the west coast in the late 70's. We would give 'em a little shake, and with good timing on the buttons you could shotgun that 12oz down in under 3 seconds!
View attachment 2166622
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Nice! Your Primrose club shotgun shell was made 1896-1901.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back