relic detector

C

Cally

Hello, My son has always been a civil was buff and is a history major. He has always wanted a detector and I would like to get him one this year. He knows there are many restrictions in hunting relics but has a strong desire to get involved and would enjoy finding coins too. I was looking at entry level detectors like the ace 250, Whites Prizm II and Tesora silverumax. He takes great care of his belongings and I would move up a model or two to get one that may be more productive or keep pace with a growing hobby. Your imput as Civil War folks would be a great help to me as I only can read about these units. Thanks Cally

Upvote 0
I have heard good things about the ace 250, but its not in the relic class. The tesoro Cibola seems like a good low-priced relic machine. I think i am going to get a cibola once i save up. Make sure to tell your son to post his finds for us to see ;)

If your looking for a relic machine, I would stay away from the visual ID machines, especially for a new user. VID makes you second guess what your digging too much, and you skip over what may have been something neat. You will dig a lot more trash with a 'beep' only machine, but you won't be missing as much either. VID gets less reliable on deeper items. The VID will bounce around making it look like trash when it is really something you want to dig up. That said, I would go with the Umax machine if you know he wants to relic hunt. If he likes coins, the Ace 250 can't be beat for the price range. It has a whole lot of bang for the buck packed into that machine. It will find the relics too, but again the VID may make him second guess until he knows the machine well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back