006.JPG
    616.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    253.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    383.7 KB · Views: 129
Nothing about it says "lightning rod" to me but I have no clue really... My first thought was flow control device or thermostat. Maybe for a hot water heater or furnace related. :dontknow:

DCMatt

Upvote 0
I'm with DCMatt. Part of a thermostat, maybe? The "cup" with the four holes sure looks like a thermostat gate, and it looks like a spring would fit in there.

22330298_hyp_1014_pri_detl.jpg

Upvote 0
No dice boys..not even close.I'm still trying to get the whole thing apart for better pics.

Upvote 0
It has a weathervane/hanging lamp look to me.A simple guess.

Upvote 0
Here it is apart,pic 3 is allen head,put a bit to much pressure and stripped it.

GOD Bless

Chris

Attachments

• 027.JPG
    027.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    225 KB · Views: 117
  • 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 034.JPG
    034.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 107
Upvote 0
garage door handle.?

Upvote 0
Is that a hex socket in the end with the four angled slots? And the plug at the angled sheet metal end - does that have a hole through the center as well?

Upvote 0
Is that a hex socket in the end with the four angled slots? And the plug at the angled sheet metal end - does that have a hole through the center as well?

Yes it is and yes it does...could be you might know something maybe?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Now that I can see the head... It's an industrial wax, resin, or chemical sprayer head. the part with the 4 holes also has a wrench that fits into it. I'll look for a picture some more but I've cleaned them literally thousands of times. That's the same tip but not the same housing that I used to use. This style of tip seen in your pic was exactly what we applied the formaldehyde resin into the wood fibers with when making MDF. or Medium Density Fiberboard but the resin sprayer can be used for all types of chemicals. It would be part #74 in this pic and the actual visible spray tips that mount over it vary in shape depending on the chemical.
https://www.google.com/search?q=pai...ww.google.com%2Fpatents%2FUS6375096;3332;1536

It should have had a small needle valve like a syringe needle that opened and closed the pin hole in the center

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm liking that. With the four angled jets and a replaceable head I was thinking a jet for something.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back