Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DSC_0330.jpg

Here it is! I dug it up at almost 6 inches down, where a Confederate Picket post was located! This belonged to the 79th Confederate Kentucky mounted infantry! This elite Confederate regiment used horseless carriages, years before they were reportedly invented. This was the Souths top secret weapon! This plate likely belonged to first lieutenant Abraham Hincoln, General Braxton Braggs personal aide! I know this because of the AH initials on the plate. This is a once in a lifetime find for sure!

Lead fill and attachment hooks are missing, but I am on cloud 9 with this find!

:laughing7:

This is what happens when you haven't found anything good in months.

Upvote 27
That's a banner horseless carriage plate. It even has the spots where the square nails would hold it in place.

I thought they were supposed to turn those in at the end of the war :icon_scratch:

I'll bet the same thing happened to them that happened to the German Panzer Division late in WW II when they ran out of fuel. I'll bet the plate was buried to avoid being captured.

what a piece of history! and as always, there will be doubters and scoffers but you have the proof! What good is imagination if you never use it? should be your center piece for sure

That will display nicely with a Confederate flag in the background :award_star_silver_1

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but based on the date it's obviously 1779.
Girty's Ambush.
Honest mistake, could happen to anybody.
Kudos!
Carl

Wow, I need one like that ! All I find are the Regimental plates from Illinois.

I'm so jealous! You guys back east get all the good finds! :laughing7:

I am going to a REAL CS picket post tonight to see if I can actually find something. I doubt I will, but who knows.

Don't think it belonged to lieutenant Abraham Hincoln. Checked with a deceased graduate of Kentucky Military Institute of Venice, FL and he thought it might be >>> registered to "1 A$$ Hole". At least that's what they called him in school.......

Turning this to another possibility...I believe you have found the plate of one of Joe B. Hall's assistant coach's Jaguars...still a significant find, and evidence of a "gift that keeps on giving"...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back