Reds Detector Rocks

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got off work early today And Got a Chance to take Hers Out to A Local School For A Quick Hunt to Figure out How to Help Her With It!!! Her Detector Rocks In the Heavy Iron Areas of this School ( Whites Coinmaster Pro) that Was Torn down and Rebuilt!!! They buldosed it Down over 40 years ago and Spread The Junk every where!!!

There are Several area I wont Even attemt to Go in Because of the Trash and Iron with My detector!!!

I started off In the start up mode minus the Iron which i Discriminated out!!!! 20 minutes Later, I Turned Up the Sensitivity to full And Put Into the tone ID MODE And went back over the Areas I Just Hit Pulled 1.36 In Clad 1 Wheat Penny In 20 Minutes

One Hole Had 2 quarter and A Dime In It And Scanning Over it It Would Chirp Quarter Quarter Dime If i Move it Very Slow!!!

The other Hit I will Mention Is the Dime / Foil They were Less than 1/2 inch apart

The whole time After getting A Good Hit In the Tone Id Mode I would Switch It Back to Normal And All I would Get is An Iron Reading which would be within an Inch of the Target!!!

I Have Shared this Info With Red and We Will Be Doing some Detecting In the Tone Id Mode this Weekend Reds Going to Kick My Butt Chug Thanks Mike for Her Great Detector

Upvote 1
Sounds like you got it down pretty quick. Post some pictures if you can. Tennessee digger

All detectors are capable of finding stuff, but if you learn your detector you will find a lot more. It is not always equipment failure, but most times it is operator error.

HH and good luck Red

You reminded me of how the AT-PRO was working for me the other day. It's not mine, I just get to borrow my friend's from time to time while I'm deciding what to get.

I knew that this machine was supposed to be able to differentiate between things in or near to each other in the same hole. I "knew" this from what I've been told and what I've read. But, I hadn't actually experienced it until the other day. I had several hits that I would call iffy. I couldn't pin down a VDI on them. It seemed that if I swung from one side I'd get a good hit but when I swung back, just bad. Which made them appear to be bad hits because I couldn't make them repeat. Then, I got a number I hadn't seen on this machine before. a 99! Only briefly and only in one direction. Sooooooo, I dug a large plug and did a sort of archeological dig. I wish I had taken a picture.

There was a pretty little silver quarter lying just below and to the left of an iron nail. The point of the nail stuck out over about half of the quarter. When I removed the nail and checked, of course, I got a regular strong quarter hit, (about 84-85. But, now, it was repeatable. Same both ways. Before I removed the nail, just like when the hole was closed. Good in one direction, bad in the other.

One thing I haven't done yet is find anything of gold in the ground with this machine so I don't have any experience with what it sounds like or it's VDI. (At least, not in the field).

I think I understand a bit more now, of how yours was reacting. This is new to me. I'm used to my groundhog. But, my ear was tuned to the different frequencies. At least it used to be, eh? wot ya say? ;)

Thanks for the info! Sounds like you have a good machine.

HH!

Remember 9-1-1 and all the Fallen Firefighters and Police Officers. Never forget the price they paid for our Freedom.

God Bless the men and women past, present, and future who serve this country by serving in the military.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Solider, one died for your soul the other died for your freedom.

What a shame that scientists will call a cell on another planet "life", but they won't acknowledge a fetus as life until it is born.

FCCDFEd, Your sig. say's it all And with no fuss either. Thanks for that Bit of Wisdom And...........HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back