D-Tex Koin-King

Attachments

• jpg350.jpg
    jpg350.jpg
    573.3 KB · Views: 40
  • jpg351.jpg
    jpg351.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
Wonder is the pendant might represent Images of Dalai Lama.

Chinese cash coin, good luck amulet, token.....Sorry to worn out from medical tests, and back injections to figure it out right now.

Golf marker with the U, was thinking Utah based on the colors but most I see are UU or U with feathers used for Utah Utes. Could be a variation or maybe just a personalized marker for someone with a U name.

Upvote 0
The pendant is a Thai ‘Buddhist monk’ amulet. Traditionally, these were (and still are) blessed by a monk and given to worshippers making monetary donations or offering oil to a temple (note the difference between that and 'selling' them). These days, they’re no longer considered solely as a ‘gift’ that brings you closer to Buddha, but as an amulet to enhance specific aspects of life such as marriage, love/relationships, wealth or health.

There are hundreds or possibly thousands of different types, with the image being either Buddha, or a generic monk figure of no-one in particular, a famous historical monk, or sometimes a specific monk at the temple concerned.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You didn't say how you came about these items, so I'll assume they were found in a park or a school yard? :icon_scratch:

The Chinese cash coin/token may very well be a for good luck as Mike suggested.
If it was buried, I'm thinking it's more likely to be a votive offering. :thumbsup:

“A votive offering or votive deposit is one or more objects displayed or deposited, without the intention of recovery or use, in a sacred place for religious purposes.
Such items are a feature of modern and ancient societies and are generally made in order to gain favor with supernatural forces.”

Upvote 0
PS: There are some taboos associated with these amulets.

1. Do not wear them under the waist. They should be worn on the neck or above the waist to show respect for the image.
2. Do not put them in a bedroom if you expect to engage in sex there.
3. Pray before and after wearing them.
4. Remove them when bathing.

Hope I'm not too late to warn you about number 2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Good finds, the Thai Amulet is given out at certain Temple's (there are many here in the USA, called "WAT"s) the monks depicted are of certain distinction. You might try finding a Thai person to translate the writting to tell you what attributes it has. Red Coat is spot on with the decorum, I might add never let your foot get higher than this amulet.

Upvote 0
D is New Era Golf Ball Marker - What organization is D?

:icon_scratch: I don't understand your question. What does the letter D have to do with the golf marker? It was made by a company called New Era.
The logo is a pennant with a stylized N E on it. The "U", as stated by ffuries, is for the University of Utah.
981392c39676c42720926d7ea3fc22a5.png

New Era is still in business. You can buy their sports caps and visors on Amazon.

Upvote 0
I believe the coin reads as follows 吉祥如意 jí xiáng rú yì. Which means Good luck, wishing one good fortune as one desires. It's used in greetings during Chinese New Year for example. I've attached an image of an example of the characters being used for a wedding. The big middle character is xi 囍 which means double happiness.

wedding.jpg

Upvote 0
I forgot to mention the other side of the coin which has a Dragon and also a Phoenix. That represents the Male and Female, Yin and Yang balance in fengshui.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back