Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had a once in a lifetime experience here overnight. Yesterday a young red tailed hawk crashed into our front window and knocked itself silly. It was on its back, not moving. But it was breathing. So we were hopeful. We looked online for what to do and the wisdom was to carefully put the bird in a box and leave it alone and wait. So we did. First time in my life I've ever held a hawk in my hands.

IMG_5324.jpeg IMG_5327.jpeg IMG_5329.jpeg

He wasn't really able to move and didn't try to scratch or anything. He wasn't breathing very well and we weren't sure he would make it. When it got dark we took him into the plant shed so he would be safe overnight. This morning we went to check on him and he had righted himself and was sleeping with his head tucked under his wing.

IMG_5331.jpeg

After a while we thought he should be back outside, so I gently picked his box up and brought it outside. The rest speaks for itself. Absolutely incredible experience. Some people see "just a bird", but I felt like we had been visited by royalty or something.

We had a once in a lifetime experience here overnight. Yesterday a young red tailed hawk crashed into our front window and knocked itself silly. It was on its back, not moving. But it was breathing. So we were hopeful. We looked online for what to do and the wisdom was to carefully put the bird in a box and leave it alone and wait. So we did. First time in my life I've ever held a hawk in my hands.

View attachment 2158245 View attachment 2158246 View attachment 2158247

He wasn't really able to move and didn't try to scratch or anything. He wasn't breathing very well and we weren't sure he would make it. When it got dark we took him into the plant shed so he would be safe overnight. This morning we went to check on him and he had righted himself and was sleeping with his head tucked under his wing.

View attachment 2158248

After a while we thought he should be back outside, so I gently picked his box up and brought it outside. The rest speaks for itself. Absolutely incredible experience. Some people see "just a bird", but I felt like we had been visited by royalty or something.

Wow! Thats amazing xx so precious xx 💕

I've experienced that AMAZEMENT you had with a 9 week old female Bald eagle,it weighted 9 lb. 4 oz. AMAZING.

View attachment 2158251
What happened in this case ? ? ?
I remember the picture.
Not sure if you are aware... and perhaps you are...... maybe even "allowed / permitted" due to something i don't know about you.
BUt.... i do know.....
Even looking at an Eagle the wrong way ... let alone touching one...
Can be a serious offense.
They are so protected that even picking up a Eagle feather from the ground is an offense.
UNLESS>....
You are a permitted Native American Indian.... from what i have heard anyway.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back