Really cool Quartz incomplete point.

Wes213

Jul 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this one about two months ago. It is mostly unfinished, only the bottom fourth is finished. I think it is really cool because you can see the exact point where the NA stopped the knapping, I marked that point with the green paper marker. I also took pictures of the totally unfinished side so you can see the contrast. It would have been a big one and I would have loved to have found it complete, but I think that this is pretty cool too. It amazes me how skilled the NA's where at this, truly amazing! IMG_1945.JPGIMG_1946.JPGIMG_1947.JPGIMG_1948.JPGIMG_1949.JPGIMG_1950.JPG

Upvote 0
Very nice artifact Wes !!!!!!

I love all the quartz you find! Don't you just wonder what was happening in that person's day that they stopped working on it? For me that's half the fun of finding pieces and wow the art of flint knapping! There were no you tube videos or books like we have ...amazing!

Nice ! Amazes me that they worked with quartz in some places...

what a horrible stone to have to work with...you would think even a fire hardened pointed stick would work better!

Nice Quartz ...... Seems like a lot of people doubt Quartz as a workable rock but 90% of my finds are Quartz and there's some really gorgeous points ..... Says a lot about the skill and craftsmanship of the maker

what a horrible stone to have to work with...you would think even a fire hardened pointed stick would work better!

Ha ha...I have to agree, but they had some serious skill to work with it.

Nice Quartz ...... Seems like a lot of people doubt Quartz as a workable rock but 90% of my finds are Quartz and there's some really gorgeous points ..... Says a lot about the skill and craftsmanship of the maker

I agree as well...I've seen some beautiful qtz points on here....but what a PITA it must have been, but a mans gotta survive with what he has access to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back