Upvote 3
Never seen one like it,nice find

"Running horse brass button"
RICH SUPERIOR EXTRA QUALITY
cool find!

"Running horse brass button"
RICH SUPERIOR EXTRA QUALITY
cool find!

I respectfully disagree, xtrmdigger, with a portion of your description. Horse has both rear feet on the ground, both front feet in the air, as if "Rearing." A running horse would have one rear foot and the opposite front foot on the ground, would it not normally? I do agree that this is a superbly cool button! Sub.

Well its not exactly a RAMPANT COLT now is it! LOL! My phone wouldn't let me steal their pic or paste a link but just Google the script on the back or running horse button.

Love it! Buttons are some of my favorite finds. A recent one-piece united airlines button I dug up is beginning to reveal "SUPERIOR" on the back after cleaning efforts.

thanks guys..any idea on the age???
OWG... DIG A HOLE, DIG A HOLE. DIG A HOLE...

Love your button! I always enjoy natural depictions of animals better than the more common stylized ones, and yours is splendid. Intact button in great shape too, wow! HH Andi

Looks to be a backmark:

.SUPERIOR EXTRA. RICH

I would put it in the Hunts/Sports bracket & somewhere circa 1850-1900

Well its not exactly a RAMPANT COLT now is it! LOL! My phone wouldn't let me steal their pic or paste a link but just Google the script on the back or running horse button.

Now if this was a "rampant colt" medallion attached to a .45 revolver, now that would be a find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back