โœ… SOLVED Real .. or .. Fakes - What are your thoughts?

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• Temp CSA Buttons.jpg
    Temp CSA Buttons.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 128
Hard to say without having them in hand... The seem real, but the serifs look odd to me. Any back story on them?

Upvote 0
I don't know but I'm going to follow this thread-- cuz those pieces look relatable to something I'd found a while ago (not CSA though)

Upvote 0
Hard to say without having them in hand... The seem real, but the serifs look odd to me. Any back story on them?

No, not really .. Supposedly they were found in an old outbuilding on a farm, but that's all I know.

Upvote 0
A couple things. First, the faces are all identical. That doesn't happen very often, the soldiers generally had mixed and matched buttons on their uniforms.

On each button, the rim has been somewhat "lifted" away from the back which is no longer there. Perhaps in an attempt to get the backs off.

Of four buttons, there ARE no backs! In a barn? Should have been at least one with a back or part thereof.

The buttons have coloration but no corrosion. Look how smooth the faces are.

This style is highly reproduced. I'd say chemically aged reproductions with the backs removed to hide the newer style backmarks.

Just an opinion.

Upvote 0
A couple things. First, the faces are all identical. That doesn't happen very often, the soldiers generally had mixed and matched buttons on their uniforms.

On each button, the rim has been somewhat "lifted" away from the back which is no longer there. Perhaps in an attempt to get the backs off.

Of four buttons, there ARE no backs! In a barn? Should have been at least one with a back or part thereof.

The buttons have coloration but no corrosion. Look how smooth the faces are.

This style is highly reproduced. I'd say chemically aged reproductions with the backs removed to hide the newer style backmarks.

Just an opinion.

Those are my thoughts, too, Smokey.. your thoughts is the confirmation I was looking for. :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0
Yeah, but not good news. I have been ripped off a few times buying stuff, especially buttons.

Upvote 0
I always hate buying fake Rum.

Once in band camp...

I bought green rum... nothing but fizz.

:P

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back