Real or fake?

maccounty

Jan 7, 2016
SwMissouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Minelab go find 60 Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked this up at an estate auctions last Saturday. Do you think it is real or Fake? I'm no expert by any means. I've found a lot of artifacts so I know them are real. Anyway I believe it says Licking, CO. with a number below it. The number starts 089 followed by I believe three more numbers I can't make out. Just wondering if it's authentic and the type it is. Oh and I gave $7.00 bucks for it. 20170417_131554.jpg20170417_131541.jpg

Upvote 0
Without having it in hand I can say this from the photos, it is chipped in the right way. I don't see much patina but it could just be the photo, numbers don't mean anything. Look at it like this for a point of that size you got a deal repro or real. look up some of the online sites for IDing the point like projectilepoints.net.:icon_thumright:

Licking County Ohio is written on piece. Cool find either way

Pictures are not the best, but from pictures so far it looks authentic.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

I would have bought it for $7. Definitely an Ohio type and I see no red flags. Looks like you got a good deal on that one.

That is definately a real terry cloth towel. The quarter looks legit, as well. I'm not sure about the other thing. (Petrified munchkin Christmas tree?)

Thanks everyone, maybe I can take better picture tommorrow outside, it's starting to get dark. That's a cool sight monsterrack, lots of info, thanks!

it is the right material too...

Yep, looks good, sun patination is hard to see on white points, so sometimes fly spotting helps but a lack of it is not indicative of a fake, good buy and a nice point!

It doesn't scream fake to me. Certainly could be but if you posted it as a personal find I would be bothered at all by it. As a purchase who knows but it would be an on type/quality to fake an old label as it's. It particularly valuable point (worth well more than $7 though).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back