Real Diamonds and Gold Dust!

I can see it here. Can anybody else not see it? Giterdone

Yep, the pics are okay. True_Metal check them browser settings. Nice finds!

The fine gold came from the Arkansas River. The diamonds came from going through manhole grit. I have friends that work the sewer and let me go through the stuff they clean out of manholes after they pick out what they can see. Whats left is mostly rocks and sand. If you pour it out in a thin layer and shine a UV light on it the stones luminate real good. Most the time they are real small but still fun to find. Maybe someday I'll hit the big one! Giterdone

I would imagine if you would pan that manhole grit , there would be posabilities of gold in there too.

Hey Giterdone, have you ever tried carwash vacs? You'd be suprised what people suck up in them things-coins, cash, all kinds of jewelry including diamond rings & earr.

I have read some other posts about people panning the grit and others about going through carwash piles. Is panning for stones the same as panning for gold? Would they dump the vacuum bags in the same place as where they dump the mud pit stuff? There is a huge dirt pile behind a carwash that just recently closed down here where they used to dump the mud. That carwash has been there for at least 25 years. I remember a long time ago when they used to get a pretty big pile they would just smooth it out on the back lot but more recently it is just been piled up in about a 20ft. dia. pile about 4ft. tall. I'll have to go check on that! Giterdone

some carwash owners do go thru the trash, others just let the garbage man take them. the latter would be the ones to look into. I remember back in the mid 70's , the local carwash owner used to dump the sweepings on the tailgate of his truck, root thru it , then brush it on a pile. after awhile, a certain type of plant started growing there. of course soon after, the local state police would show up & clip 'em? ?;) DON't overlook the Trash bins either. Change including bills, sometimes get thrown in the MICKEY-D's Bags, & bills in the cellephane of Cigarette packs & forgotten about on Clean-out day at the Car Wash.

hey get cn you email me the picture as it is on your hard drive just from lookin gat the pic here as it is small one of the diamonds looks like it has a chunck out of it which has me wondering

Mav

You are seeing correct, one has a piece gone. I took these to my White's dealer who tested them with some sort of electrical device. He said they were real. There were some others that tested negative. I need to take them to a jeweler I guess to verify that. Giterdone

Hey Jeff, the car wash works-the last time I tried I got several rings (most junk-1 gold) about $25 in change, and 1 $5 bill. This came out of 3 30 gal trash cans I took w/me. It's great if you have 3-72 inches of snow on the ground, just sift it in the garage cause the stink can be real bad. Also be sure to wear gloves-lots of broken window glass shows up in those. BE SURE to use a screwdriver to stir the stuff around cause there might be NASTY NEEDLES!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back