powrsurg

Jul 5, 2016
Rocky Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Whites Spectra V3I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this year's ago in a park in central long island. I was super excited at the time but started to think it was a toy. Thoughts?
ac593420907726510ff49760c1d8888d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Get out. I'm shocked. Lol

Upvote 0
Sure, especially back in the days of prohibition. Kids were everywhere, and knew more than most gave them credit for. Most kids would've loved to be a Jr. Police or Jr. Detective. Don't think there was any money involved (on the cops side, anyhow), which made many kids play both sides of the fence.

Upvote 0
I'm starting to second guess so many finds now. Oh boy

Upvote 0
Yes Junior Police is a real organization. almost all Junior Police badges are cheaply made, but most kids that were/are Junior Police had/have badges that had the name of the sponsoring town or police dept. on the badge, but I guess that some police dept didn't have the extra money to put their name on some badges.

Junior Police Academy

There's one like your's on Ebay, and it's listed as a toy badge, your's would of had a gold wash on it originally.

Vintage Junior Police Toy Badge Goldtone Metal | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Wow, this is super cool

Upvote 0
Could be either, but the real Junior Police Groups usually had the specific Jurisdiction added. Then there are the generic badges that would be given to children when touring a station, or handed out when police gave a lecture in School. There are also Junior Firefighter badges......

Real Junior Police Group and badge https://sbfoundersday.wordpress.com/2010/04/26/our-boys-in-blue/

Give away badges (modern ones are plastic now) Junior Police Badges | Childrens Fire Fighter & EMS Badges | Foremost Fire & Public Safety Promotions

Upvote 0
I know that when I hunted in Baltimore back in the 1960's I dug a plethora of Junior Police badges along with many other toy badges and cap guns, etc. Downtown Baltimore was a mecca for these types of things.

Upvote 0
Wow I have one also a little different thought it was kids toy too

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back