Re: Aurora Micro Pulse Metal Detector

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

I have never used one, but I am told they work up a depth of about 4" or less.

Smudge said:
I have never used one, but I am told they work up a depth of about 4" or less.

Well for the price tag that is not very good...I could not imagine them being very good.

Thanks
NJ

A friend of mine bought one of these and he said it was a POS! But I never used one and am going on what he said.

Haven't used one but have read some about them. I am skeptical for these reasons.

1. Coil size - The coil size does matter and from what I can see, the coil size on these is very small. Small coil size = limited depth, limited overlap coverage and less targets IMO.

2. Mounted on your wrist - I just don't see the advantage here other than having a hand free but the problem is that your hand is not free if you are swinging your arm back and forth to find targets.

3. Limited power and electronics - Unless the major manufacturers have missed something, I just don't see great performance coming out of such a small package. Limited battery strength and limited electronics usually = limited performance.

These are just three observations without spending lots of time on the matter. The one guy I found on the internet that had one said he used it mainly for a pinpointer. That is one expensive pinpointer!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back