Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
~RARE~ CW Store card Dr. Bennett's Medicine

I went out this from at 8am and hunted till 10am, before I had to go to the family thanksgiving dinner. I went back to a corn field site I have been working on last 3 days, corn stalks and weeds are a mess....but I have gotten a few cool finds, so keep going back. It was almost time for me to go, had 15 minutes left, and I got a sweet 12-45 signal, bouncing to 12-47. I was hoping for silver, but was Pleasantly surprised when I saw the small green disk in the dirt. I thought why did this ring up so high?? I wiped some dirt away and could see some writing on it, so I figured I had a token.

I got home and googled it and found out it was indeed a Civil War Store card....however I could locate my variety on google images, or the search option either one. So I went to the king site of tokens. Richard's token database, and there it was!
Dr. Bennett's, / Medicines / Cure / Sickness / & Pain. (TC-321173) Cincinnati, Ohio (Hamilton County), U.S.A.
It is listed as a R-5 as the rarity level, I wasn't sure what that meant it, so I googled that...lol and found that:
R-5 Rare (31-75 known to exist)....sweet!

Now I didn't clean it other than taking a toothpick to pick away the dirt, I am kinda leary about cleaning now seeing it is fairly rare. So as for now, I am leaving it as it is.

DSC02955.jpg

Upvote 4
Where did you say that corn field was ? LOL You are my mentor man. You are a die hard determined SOB. Good job, you deserve it. Thanks for the stroy and the pictures and all you help you have given me along my way

Thats SWEET!! Gives new meanin to Thanksgiving.. Nice piece of history.. CONGRATS. HH

That is a great find and I wouldn't do anything else to it. I like it as it is. Tennessee digger

Great token

Absolutely incredible! I vote for banner on this one! :headbang::occasion14:

Now THAT'S a token. Awesome save!

Where did you say that corn field was ? LOL You are my mentor man. You are a die hard determined SOB. Good job, you deserve it. Thanks for the stroy and the pictures and all you help you have given me along my way
glad I have been able to help! I appreciate the kind words!

Thats SWEET!! Gives new meanin to Thanksgiving.. Nice piece of history.. CONGRATS. HH
I agree! I looked above and said my thanks after digging this one!

That is a great find and I wouldn't do anything else to it. I like it as it is. Tennessee digger
I sit down today and took the toothpick and carefully picked away more loose dirt, I need to get some updated pics

Absolutely incredible! I vote for banner on this one! :headbang::occasion14:
wow! thanks man!

Now THAT'S a token. Awesome save!
thanks I appreciate it!

Wow, nice save on that one. :thumbsup: Congrats and glad you were rewarded for your persistence.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back