🥇 BANNER Rare button

Boilermaker27

Oct 16, 2003
St. Louis
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon/Minelab Safari/Minelab Excalibur2
I found this button earlier this week, and checking in my Albert Button Book it is listed as being a value of 100 on the rarity scale. It is listed as AY30, Artillery, 2nd. Regiment 1808. I have found very little information on this button on the Internet. There was a previous posting on Treasurenet a few years ago and that person said the only other known button was in the Smithsonian, he also went on to say that only 300 were made. So, it is obviously a very rare button and may have considerable value. The back side cleaned up nicely and has the following "Armitage Phila. Best Quality", there is also considerable gold left on the backside. Aside from the dirt and deterioration after about 200 years, the button is in perfect condition, the shank is intact and not bent. So, does anyone have any ideas of what may be one of my best finds ever?

Attachments

• P1010251.JPG
    P1010251.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 557
Upvote 21
Excellent find. It is indeed very very rare.

Sweeeet! I would be doing some heavy research for the area you found that in. There may be more from that era there and you may find another one of those. Great find.

wow most awesome indeed. congrats!

yeap a good one:icon_thumright:

It is indeed a very rare button, to find a button that was used for the regular army and not a militia is a very rare find indeed. I have some where in vast arsenal of books a listing for this particular button and what and where it was used.

If i can find it I will post it up here.

Congrats on the fantastic find

John

fantastic! what a great recovery you made there....awesome to dig something with such rarity and historical significance.

Congrats on an excellent find!

Gorgeous button!

Tho I don't know much about your type of button ( I can feel the rare /cool factor coming through my computer] . Banner-Banner. It's both beautiful and awesome, . Davers

You've got my banner vote! That button is extremely rare and a very impressive discovery. I love seeing items on here that I've never seen before. Great job

That IS a rare find...but can you see the 123 below the cannonballs? :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back