tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drove all over Colorado today from Grand Junct. to Nucla then Durango and over Wolf Creek pass where the rain was pouring down with some wicked lightning strikes. Came up the San Luis Valley I got a shot of this double rainbow. Seems summer is coming to an end in the high country.

Attachments

• 20230911_164736.jpg
    20230911_164736.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Wow...is that ever gorgeous.. :occasion14:

I don't believe most phones have sufficient dynamic range to capture all the nuanced colors in a rainbow. I'm going to reprocess it through my program and see if they can be brought out.

[edit in] Interesting..it's almost as if it was shot in HDR, but I don't believe you're phone offers that feature. Still, had a go at it and removed a lot of the "noise"..wish I'd have seen that with me own eyes!

20230911_164736-2-2.jpg

Last edited:
It does look a bit sharper in what you've done dizzy. My picture doesn't look like it was in person. It was so much more massive and dynamic when seen in with ones own eyes. The rain storm that produced this rainbow was moving east and when it got to the Sawatch Range it deposited a bit of white on the mountain tops. The Aspen trees will all be turning colors real soon now. The lowest temperature I noticed on my dashboard was 43° up on Wolf Creek pass.

Attachments

• 20230911_171121.jpg
    20230911_171121.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Yep, winter's not far away. We got a little dusting on higher peaks earlier this week and probably more tonight. And that is one outstanding pic you got there!

Yep, winter's not far away. We got a little dusting on higher peaks earlier this week and probably more tonight. And that is one outstanding pic you got there!
Thanks! Saw the rainbow driving along 285 about 5 miles south of Saguache.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back