Rain Storm Cut My hunt Short...Still Dug two Keepers...

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit a park in San Francisco and was chased out by the rain, but I still managed 3 hours worth of hunting. Went right back to where I found the 1909 barber dime last weekend. It was a hot little area, and I was glad I went back. Within the first hour I had 3 wheat pennies and a 1917-S Mercury dime. The merc was only a few feet away from where the barber dime was, its depth was 5 inches. Working this area were numerous wheat pennies, most all of them 6 inches deep. Total wheats dug today were 13. One of the wheat pennies had a 1907 V Nickel in the same hole! Also got a pressed penny from the Japanese Tea Gardens S.F., a creepy little St Mary statue, and a foreign coin from New Zealand.

Attachments

• MercVnickel198.jpg
    MercVnickel198.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 611
  • CleanedMercVnickel199.jpg
    CleanedMercVnickel199.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 602
  • ReverseMercVnickel200.jpg
    ReverseMercVnickel200.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 612
  • tea garden penny201.jpg
    tea garden penny201.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 602
Upvote 0
Wow man ~ you always find some goodies! I love those old Merc dimes ~ and the one you got there is in great shape! NICE!!!

Check the dates on your wheaties! I just checked all 13 I dug today and realized that I dug two good ones! A 1911-D and a 1921-S.

Attachments

• 2Wheats202.jpg
    2Wheats202.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 554
Sonoma County Mike said:
Check the dates on your wheaties! I just checked all 13 I dug today and realized that I dug two good ones! A 1911-D and a 1921-S.

OH YEAH!! Those semi-key date wheats are the cherry on top of the sundae! Again, NICE!!!

Good spot you found. Went on Thursday and found 1906s dime. Wished I lived closer, would like to go more often.

Good hunt to bad the rain had to come and cut it short......Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back