Quick trip out today more indian stuff

oberkill

Aug 12, 2005
Just made a quick hunt right before dark today. Found a couple of things. Another knife, a scrapper, a few more broken points and what looks like the tip from a drill. Here are pics of the knife and drill end, plus a pic of both knifes together for comparisson.

HPIM0448.JPG

HPIM0450.JPG

HPIM0454.JPG

HPIM0456.JPG

Alan

Upvote 0
Great indian artifacts your finding! Where do you look for these? I have only looked for them once and it was in bass river on cape cod, and i wasnt really "looking" just keeping my eyes open for anything that migt look like an indian shaped it in some way :) Is there anywhere in particular in Ma that i could look for these you think?

I dont know if I am the best person to ask as I just started as well. You can probably do the same as me though. I did some research into where indians were known to have had encampments and then checked around to see who owned the property in the area. I just happened to know someone who knew the owner in an area near there so it made it a little easier to get permission but the guy said as long as I dont damage anything he would have let me hunt anyways. I am working to try and find out who owns the land farther downstream now, upstream is state land so no go there.

Alan

Hey, Nice finds,
I'm new to the forum and This was the first indian artifact post i saw. I have collected for about 6 years, I'm getting a pretty extensive collection. Keep it up! It's quite addicting.
Thanks,
Steven

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back