Quick hour at a small park gave up some goods!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a park for an hour today, its a park ive found some keepers at before, only for an hour got a 49 Washington and 6 wheats, Not a bad haul for only an hour!, only reason I left was the 6 million bugs in my face and nose!
20141008_142143.jpg

thanks for looking and HH!!

Upvote 6
I'm thinking that the dry condition and the slight angle in the ground is what causes the grief in VDI. I couldn't really tell how deep the hole was or how much mineralization was there. But, I suspect that it would have rung up quite loudly if the ground was a bit damp.

In any case, nice saves!

I gb'd at 86, the Washington was about 4 inches or so

You've found a LC, several silvers and multiple wheats at parks......and you're STILL a naysayer? Lol. Nice Washington. I didn't hunt at all today. Instead the gf and I took the dogs to Moon Lake Park and let them wear themselves out. They're passed out on the sofa now....it's so peaceful lol.

You've found a LC, several silvers and multiple wheats at parks......and you're STILL a naysayer? Lol. Nice Washington. I didn't hunt at all today. Instead the gf and I took the dogs to Moon Lake Park and let them wear themselves out. They're passed out on the sofa now....it's so peaceful lol.
Yeah parks are ok lol, about that wearing out the dog thing.... I need to try that with the baby lol

Last edited:
Ya know come to think of it, alot of my vdi's don't make sense, I've dug wheats at 85, mercs and roosies at 91, slqs at 94, lcs at 94, I dunno I feel like something is off with my atpro, but I dig everything anyway

You've found a LC, several silvers and multiple wheats at parks......and you're STILL a naysayer?

One of my favorite things, is finding parks and schools that had older buildings in some hidden corner, 100 or more years ago.

Nothing like hunting a well-manicured cellar.

Ya know come to think of it, alot of my vdi's don't make sense, I've dug wheats at 85, mercs and roosies at 91, slqs at 94, lcs at 94, I dunno I feel like something is off with my atpro, but I dig everything anyway

If you write to the team at Garrett, they will write you back asking you some questions about any problems.
Have you done a factory reset? I read somewhere that every time you change batteries, you should do the reset from the OFF condition. Try that.

If you write to the team at Garrett, they will write you back asking you some questions about any problems.
Have you done a factory reset? I read somewhere that every time you change batteries, you should do the reset from the OFF condition. Try that.
I forgot all about that, I have to give it a try

One of my favorite things, is finding parks and schools that had older buildings in some hidden corner, 100 or more years ago.

Nothing like hunting a well-manicured cellar.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'd love to find parks like this one more but in my area they are few and far between

Oh don't get me wrong, I'd love to find parks like this one more but in my area they are few and far between

Northern Md and SE Pa. are loaded with them.

I live close enough to colonial sites and 19th century locations that they're pretty common, and yet suburban enough to have most of it built over. The trick seems to be spending the off-season researching old maps, aerial shots, and google earth.

Seems like damn-near every park or school has an Easter-Egg hidden somewhere. I get the general location down, then hunt for the iron-trashy concentration that says "yup... there was a building here". Then work out from that location . I have a lot of locations penciled in that I haven't even been to yet.

What? You don't like a "little" company when you hunt? Lol!
Nice silver! Congrats!
As for wearing the baby out, good luck with that, they have more stamina than you!

I've been getting weird readings on my M6 lately, dry soil, a change in the Earth's magnetic field? ....then again it's probable me!

Nice find my man. Congrats on sweet hours worth of work!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back