Quick after work hunt nets my First Spur!

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5"x11" DD coil, Super Sniper coil, Garrett Ace 250, 10" x 14" DD EXcelerator coil, Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My cousin and I decided to bring our detectors along with us yesterday so when we finish up the last job we could do some detecting. We finished up mowing our "Winchestet spot" around 5 then headed over into the freshly mowed field. 45 mins. later I have two Bullets a Spencer casing and a horse shoe. My alarm was going off so I gestured to my cousin saying its time to go. As I was walking back to the truck right along the edge of the field I get a good 80's signal but sounded big maybe a coin spill. Dug down 6" and there it was my first Spur! My cousin said it looked a lot smaller then the ones he had dug. Thanks for looking and HH!!

Attachments

• image-936336014.jpg
    image-936336014.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 216
  • image-4281705411.jpg
    image-4281705411.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 213
Upvote 5
Great looking spur! Does it have any scroll work or markings on it? Looks like it could be a "Rooster Neck" spur. Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Nice spur! I still have only one that came out in one piece...and dozens upon dozens that I just have a bootstrap end or a neck from. :(

That looks right for the size, not smaller than normal.

Congrats,

Buck

Great first spur! Love the patina on that thing! Gotta be more!

nice un!! nice lunch!

Good 1! Almost looks GOLD!:laughing7: Congrats..............Hogge

Thank you everybody!!

That would be a RUSH to find!! CONGRATS BUD.... HH

Awesome find, CONGRATS!

Cool find! Isn't it odd that often the best stuff is found either right when you start, or are heading back to your vehicle? Happens to me all the time! Lol!

Will you leave it alone or try to straighten it out? What would you other guys do if it was yours?

Thank you, I'll leave it alone. I dont know how it was bent, may have happened then?

Cool find! Isn't it odd that often the best stuff is found either right when you start, or are heading back to your vehicle? Happens to me all the time! Lol!

Thanks, its weird how that happens.

I wouldn't straighten it either. It could very well be brittle. I've made the same mistake more than once. Seem to have a habit of wanting to straighten metal objects the minute I pull them out of the ground. Broke a really neat old horse-bit once trying to free it, & broke an intact harmonica reed trying to "fix" a curve in it.
Congrats again!

thats pretty cool!

I wouldn't straighten it either. It could very well be brittle. I've made the same mistake more than once. Seem to have a habit of wanting to straighten metal objects the minute I pull them out of the ground. Broke a really neat old horse-bit once trying to free it, & broke an intact harmonica reed trying to "fix" a curve in it.
Congrats again!

Yea I've done the same thing in the past. Broke a few cool relics. :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back