question for the guys doing large volume of coins

buffhunter

May 30, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Just out of curiosity, what do the large volume guys use when bringing your coins into the bank. I personally use a hand truck with 5 bags per box (4 boxes total) and get some strange looks from other customers when i walk in. Luckily I don't have to wait in the line and just walk up to the door and bring the load into the back.

Upvote 0
i use the service ramp that the armored truck service uses. i park by the ramp and go in the front lobby. the vault teller gives me the bank's dolly and i go out the restricted exit-(he/she lets me out and holds the door while i unload and bring the dolly back in the bank). i then take the dolly to the entrance to the vault she verify's what i have and i cash out on the teller line. takes about 10-15 minutes most of the time depending on how busy they are. i know i have a sweet deal with this bank but it took me a long time to get it. they tried everything they knew to get rid of me at first.

silvercop said:
i use the service ramp that the armored truck service uses. i park by the ramp and go in the front lobby. the vault teller gives me the bank's dolly and i go out the restricted exit-(he/she lets me out and holds the door while i unload and bring the dolly back in the bank). i then take the dolly to the entrance to the vault she verify's what i have and i cash out on the teller line. takes about 10-15 minutes most of the time depending on how busy they are. i know i have a sweet deal with this bank but it took me a long time to get it. they tried everything they knew to get rid of me at first.

Is your bank a nation-wide bank or a regional bank? Sounds like a bank that I can only dream of...

Scott

oh no it is not a national bank, the banks history is it was started here about a 100 years ago as a mom and pop bank, it merged with another local bank about 20 years ago, and it has since acquired branches in 4 other towns near here. the only national bank that is in the area is boa and i know i would never get an arrangement like that with them.
as i said it took me a long time to get this arrangement. i have posted in other threads about it before. they tried to get rid of me several times. first by saying i could not use their coin machine anymore and requiring me to roll my dumps. this only lasted for one week because i brought in 10K of rolled halves at lunch when there was only 2 tellers on the line and they were busy. they then made me start depositing and withdrawing my dump amounts into and out of my account and then tried to charge me with a service fee for excessive withdrawls.....i balked at that and they removed the fees.. they tried a few other minor inconvenient (for me) things but i just would not go away. now they provide me with the bags that they use for the coin machine and i just fill them with 1K each and cart them in. i know i have a sweet deal and i hope it last because this bank is the only one in my area with a coin machine, other than the coinstars with i avoid because of the fees

I just use 2 hand bags and put two $1K Bags in each (they are heavy) and walk them in, come back out get whatever is left- usually turn in a certain amount 500 to 1200 in rolls cause they give me ca$h for them.

silvercop said:

thats like something out of the movies.

I prefer Maxwell House 2 pound coffee cans. Makes 240 cups of coffee and holds 1000 clad halves.

you need to find a place that will take dumps in fed bags.

coin machines will regularly short you. that could be 2-3 bucks per bag. it will eat your profits and you won't even know.

when i do pennies, i find anywhere from a half dozen to 2 dozen dimes each time.

with the larger coins, often 2 will get counted as 1 instead of going in the wrong hole.

supn9 said:
silvercop said:

thats like something out of the movies.
what movie would that be?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back