52.5 KB · Views: 514
  • saw 006.jpg
    saw 006.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 513
  • saw 008.jpg
    saw 008.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 521
Mojjax
That looks like an old firemans nozzle, most were brass at the time. Looking at the pic it looks like the orifice end was beat flat. A lot of times the firefighters would modify their tools for specific tasks. Some times a water stream spread out, like putting your finger over the end, would accomplish more extinguishment than a full straight stream. That straight stream would also cause damage to property if not used properly. It is also a proven fact that a broken up stream spraying out smaller droplets would absorb more heat in a firefight.

Glad you were able to turn a find into a treasure.

HH

Interesting piece and a tidy little profit. I would have thought at first it was a nozzle modified by a firefighter too, but then taking into consideration its size, it may have been for the garden. :dontknow:

Either way, I still like that item. Were you able to make out the manufacturer on it?

spartacus53 said:
Interesting piece and a tidy little profit. I would have thought at first it was a nozzle modified by a firefighter too, but then taking into consideration its size, it may have been for the garden. :dontknow:

Either way, I still like that item. Were you able to make out the manufacturer on it?
There is no makers mark - just " PATENTED MARCH 14 1876 "

It does fit on a regular garden hose .

Shaweeeeet !!!!!!!!! Great score amigo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ace Villa-V

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back