TexasTrina

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2023

Attachments

• 20230104_052939.jpg
    20230104_052939.jpg
    879.5 KB · Views: 141
Upvote 5
Is there any evidence that an attachment might have broken off one of the edges? If so, it might be a piece of jewelry similar to this one.
No, its like a piece of iron ore that somehow has the perfect triangle stamp on one side

Could the side towards your arm show signs of a break, like it came off something larger? The other raised edges are uneven, like they were worn. Could it be part of a soil tilling device? Must have given a good signal, like the triangular sickle bar mower sections I find.

It looks familiar, but I can not place what it might be.

As to age, being well worn, it is a bit difficult to determine. Also, due to wear, it is difficult for me to determine if molded or stamped.

Of course, this is not my area of expertise, but the back of my stroke addled brain says from agriculture or mining.

Where and under what conditions was it found? Farm? Ranch? Mine? Quarry? Other. Try to be as specific as possible as to any known history of where found.

Time for more coffee.

It looks familiar, but I can not place what it might be.

As to age, being well worn, it is a bit difficult to determine. Also, due to wear, it is difficult for me to determine if molded or stamped.

Of course, this is not my area of expertise, but the back of my stroke addled brain says from agriculture or mining.

Where and under what conditions was it found? Farm? Ranch? Mine? Quarry? Other. Try to be as specific as possible as to any known history of where found.

Time for more coffee.
We had rocks brought in at my work several years ago. I have found fossilized seashells, mushrooms, shells turned to crystals etc. But this is the strangest find yet.

:coffee2: oops .. Double post .:icon_scratch:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back