Purchased My Annual Gold Coin

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Here's my annual gold coin I bought. Each year, using my metal detecting modern coin totals, I buy a gold coin. Been doing this for over 20 years. This year, I also bought a one ounce siver bullet replica. I figure that I must be close to $80.00 in coins found. Back to the bank security box. My kids get my gold coins when my days are done.

nov23.JPG

nov23a.JPG

Buying gold with money you found sounds like a good idea. I shop for silver under priced and when I get enough I'll head to the PM buyer and cash some it out. It's how I buy tires for my truck when they're due to change.

Buying gold with money you found sounds like a good idea. I shop for silver under priced and when I get enough I'll head to the PM buyer and cash some it out. It's how I buy tires for my truck when they're due to change.
That's getting good milage out of your investment.

Well done on the 2 purchases John, they'll always increase in value over time.

Yes John , that is a great way to do it !! Back when I was going out, I used the gold I collected the year before to pay for my expenses for the following year . Several years back I had to quite my trips because of my health and decided to sell it all . Man was I surprised when I got all my equipment out to inventory it and try to figure out a reasonable $$$$ to sell it......But it's done and gone to a nice guy around in Chicago Il.

I’m thinking about doing something similar. How much over spot do you usually pay?

I’ve been doing that also…. Not gold though.
I’ll buy silver rounds, but I make that into another collection, aside from the ASE bullion, no two of my rounds are the same.
The only gold I want is the gold I find.
Glad to see your still swinging John!

I’ve been doing that also…. Not gold though.
I’ll buy silver rounds, but I make that into another collection, aside from the ASE bullion, no two of my rounds are the same.
The only gold I want is the gold I find.
Glad to see your still swinging John!
They are all good investments, considering they are free, while getting free exercise, which some people pay for.

Yes John , that is a great way to do it !! Back when I was going out, I used the gold I collected the year before to pay for my expenses for the following year . Several years back I had to quite my trips because of my health and decided to sell it all . Man was I surprised when I got all my equipment out to inventory it and try to figure out a reasonable $$$$ to sell it......But it's done and gone to a nice guy around in Chicago Il.
I am trying to maintain my health prospecting for a hobby. That was my plan for retirement. I am not too far from 70.

I’m thinking about doing something similar. How much over spot do you usually pay?
I like to barter a bit. Usually the seller adds up to 30% profit, so that leaves room for some negotiations.

John actually NOTHING IS FREE ! You and all of us has put a LOT of work into this plus $$$ . It ends up being a investment of time and money on our part BUT it is / was so enjoyable when I could get out to do it ! Great memories and lots of new and old friends that will remain in my thoughts for as long as I live ! :coffee2: :icon_thumleft: I wouldn't trade these memories for anything !

John actually NOTHING IS FREE ! You and all of us has put a LOT of work into this plus $$$ . It ends up being a investment of time and money on our part BUT it is / was so enjoyable when I could get out to do it ! Great memories and lots of new and old friends that will remain in my thoughts for as long as I live ! :coffee2: :icon_thumleft: I wouldn't trade these memories for anything !
Well said! Sure beats wasting time on social media, (two words which turn my stomach)

Thankyou Johnn for your comment !! BUT for me in my physical shape , social media is all I can do now - a - days ! I still like to go out to my shop and make some equipment and reflect on my "Golden Years" with my old friends that are slowly passing away into the sunset! :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back